Shady dealings in the classifieds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Moderators need to remind members if they post a classified come to an agreement on price and verbal deal they should live up to it meaning make a deal with you and sell it to somebody else when your supposed to meet them that day. This is getting to be common place on this site. This didn’t happen this much years ago. Pretty shitty to screw members over. Pitiful.

jmcrawf1

Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Moderators need to remind members if they post a classified come to an agreement on price and verbal deal they should live up to it meaning make a deal with you and sell it to somebody else when your supposed to meet them that day. This is getting to be common place on this site. This didn’t happen this much years ago. Pretty shitty to screw members over. Pitiful.

Did you low ball the OP and get mad when someone offered more money? LOL

Details are lacking.

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    I recently had someone leave me a negative I trader review because I sold something to someone else . This person would only email me . Claiming his phone wasn't working , at no point did we make any deal or did I guarantee him anything . Yet he decided to come on here and claim I wasn't a man of my word . Always remember they're 2 sides to every story .

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

What moderators have you notified so far? It's difficult for them to take action on scenarios they know nothing about. Did you text/PM/email to confirm the verbal agreement and have it in black and white?

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

Not really much we can do as moderators.
    Verbal deals are only as good as the paper they are printed on. :D

Every seller has the right to sell their item to whomever they decide. It may not be right thing to do ethically or morally, but either party has the right to back out of a deal at any time.

As has been previously stated, there are two sides to every story, but if you feel the seller reneged on a deal and is not a man of his word, that is what the iTrader system is for.
    Leave the seller a review telling your side of the story.

And remember, a deal is never done until it's done.

hkump

Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    A man's word is a man's word. If you agree to buy a gun buy it. I hate people who say that they're going to buy it and then never show up or never contact you again. That's why I think that texting is good so that way you have written proof that the particular buyer wanted it and agreed to it. I'd say about 98 to 99% of bayoushooter members are good with their word. It's only that one or two percent that don't keep their word.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Well if pms and texting half the day yesterday and wanting to buy 2 pistols and agreeing on prices is not a deal I don’t know what is. No low balling here and if that were the case don’t make the deal. I’ll take it and seller says it’s yours sounds like a deal to me. If seller don’t like it say no. He was quick to want to meet last night but I was working and was supposed to meet up today and I was told sorry I sold it today. Well that’s ********.

Last edited:

Jmfox3

Dec 27, 2009
    If someone didn't have a phone I wouldn't even consider meeting them to complete a purchase.
    I've had nothing but good experiences when making purchases with BS members. Most of the time I agree on the price before the meet based on the condition of the item as described by the seller. If the conditions isn't as described then there is an opportunity for negotiation. If I plan on negotiating a price after seeing the weapon I make that clear prior to meeting the member. Establishing common expectations before the meeting allows each party to walk away satisfied irrespective of the outcome. Some call it being a professional, some call it being a man of your word.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well if pms and texting half the day yesterday and wanting to buy 2 pistols and agreeing on prices is not a deal I don’t know what is. No low balling here and if that were the case don’t make the deal. I’ll take it and seller says it’s yours sounds like a deal to me. If seller don’t like it say no. He was quick to want to meet last night but I was working and was supposed to meet up today and I was told sorry I sold it today. Well that’s ********.

Your first statement expressed your wish for the moderators to do something. What exactly would like the moderators to do and what information have you shown them regarding your complaint?

Jiggy205

Jun 10, 2014
    New Orleans
    I think some of you are looking at it wrong or not explaining it right. A guy choosing not to sell or buy can mean he just found a better deal or that he changed his mind. Someone shouldn't have to sell to you just cause your the first person with the amount. Someone also shouldn't have to buy something just cause they said they would 1 week before. The right thing would be to tell the guy your not interested or found a better deal. As a seller and a buyer I wont beg or deal with bs on ether side it's simple as find a new buyer or keep looking for what you are. Sounds like the issue is someone agreeing to meet for a sale and then not responding

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I think some of you are looking at it wrong or not explaining it right. A guy choosing not to sell or buy can mean he just found a better deal or that he changed his mind. Someone shouldn't have to sell to you just cause your the first person with the amount. Someone also shouldn't have to buy something just cause they said they would 1 week before. The right thing would be to tell the guy your not interested or found a better deal. As a seller and a buyer I wont beg or deal with bs on ether side it's simple as find a new buyer or keep looking for what you are. Sounds like the issue is someone agreeing to meet for a sale and then not responding

As a moderator who is trying to come up with a solution, it's difficult to identify the problem. Your first few posts seem to say you are upset because the seller sold the item after agreeing to sell the items to you and before you and the seller had the chance to meet. But in your posts, you knew the item had been sold because the seller responded and told you it was sold. But you then agreed with jiggy when he said someone should not have to sell to you just because you were the first person with the amount and the issue sounds like the seller not responding. Please explain how you can agree with that statement when, based on your posts, the seller did respond to tell you it was sold.

As a moderator, I will ask, again, what exactly is your complaint and what specifically would like the moderators to do to address your complaint?

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Whole reason for feed back

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience through here. I've had nothing but great experiences with everyone I've talked to and met through BayouShooter. Can't say the same for Armslist and LA Sportsman. I've had quite a few sketchy people/shady deals through both of those sites, which is why I no longer use them. But BS has been nothing but perfect for me.

Danny Abear

Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience through here. I've had nothing but great experiences with everyone I've talked to and met through BayouShooter. Can't say the same for Armslist and LA Sportsman. I've had quite a few sketchy people/shady deals through both of those sites, which is why I no longer use them. But BS has been nothing but perfect for me.

Me2

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

Same here,.
    I am not going to Monday Morning Quaterback. I know in the past, it goes both ways. Selling things I have been hung out to dry by buyers. Nit so here.
    I did sell a car years ago. Had a buyer call. He said he was gonna be here that Friday night after work. And had cash in hand. He wanted it ASAP. I said come look at it. He was a no show. Saturday came. at noon or so a guy called says he is on his way I think It is him.
    A guy shows up with hos GF or wife. I get a copy of his license. He goes off with her. Before he come s back the anotje shows up. He says where;s the car I called last night. I said I thought it was you someone is driving it. If hey do not want it ya can drive it. !st guy comes back. Gets out and says we want it. Says well lets talk deal. Guy from Friday no show says, wait i never got to, look at it yet. At this point guy who drove it wife, pulls out the $ I wanted out her Bra in $100's. Then reaches in her pants and gets $500 more than I was asking. And starts to hand to my wife! My wife says Give it to my husband.
    Morel of the story The Friday guy was pissed. I was just hopping the pants money was not pissed.

Gator 45/70

Same here,.
    I am not going to Monday Morning Quaterback. I know in the past, it goes both ways. Selling things I have been hung out to dry by buyers. Nit so here.
    I did sell a car years ago. Had a buyer call. He said he was gonna be here that Friday night after work. And had cash in hand. He wanted it ASAP. I said come look at it. He was a no show. Saturday came. at noon or so a guy called says he is on his way I think It is him.
    A guy shows up with hos GF or wife. I get a copy of his license. He goes off with her. Before he come s back the anotje shows up. He says where;s the car I called last night. I said I thought it was you someone is driving it. If hey do not want it ya can drive it. !st guy comes back. Gets out and says we want it. Says well lets talk deal. Guy from Friday no show says, wait i never got to, look at it yet. At this point guy who drove it wife, pulls out the $ I wanted out her Bra in $100's. Then reaches in her pants and gets $500 more than I was asking. And starts to hand to my wife! My wife says Give it to my husband.
    Morel of the story The Friday guy was pissed. I was just hopping the pants money was not pissed.

You probably spent every dime! :mamoru:

twinin

May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I'm new to BS but just did my 1st transaction in November. I think it went pretty well. This is my experience.

I can honestly say that I did not get any lowball offers, which was surprising. I did get some that were equal value-wise probably, but it wasn't things I was not interested in at all. In fact, I received 3 offers that were so good I was like yes right away, but all 3 backed out or changed their minds. I don't know if they thought their offers were too good (buy why offer then), or some people are just tire kickers. After I agreed to their offers, some wanted to think about, some said yes and then changed their minds/backed out. I didn't bother me because I always had the policy that item is still for sale or trade until I actually leave my house with it. I would have been upset if I left to drive a far distance, and then it was a changed mind or no show. However, if it falls through before I actually leave to meet, I understand, but that is why I always leave other options open.

Eventually, I got a 4th great offer that we both met up in equal distance and had a great trade. Item was as described. He said mine was better than he thought. We were both satisfied, and it was very easy and safe transaction. Overall, I would do it again because there are stand up people on here who you can trust and know firearms/have nice things.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom