WTS: WTS/WTT Zojirushi NP-NVC18 Fuzzy Logic Induction Pressure Rice Cooker ($300)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Hello all,

Yes, you read that right, I am looking to sell my Zojirushi NP-NVC18 Fuzzy Logic Induction Pressure Rice Cooker.
    Used but in fantastic shape, I am only selling because I purchased the smaller model (NP-NVC10) since this one is pretty much overkill for two people.
    Makes 10 cups of (uncooked) rice at once and does it like a virtuoso.
    Am looking to get $300 but will trade for a Remington 1100/1187 12 Gauge for a project I have in mind; as long as it runs, I'm really not worried about the overall condition.

Now, before you spit coffee all over your screen in disbelief, yes, I really am asking $300 or trade for it.
    I purchased it brand new in 2015 for a bit over $500 (I know...)

Since then we have moved and downsized, so SWMBO wanted the smaller version.
    Yeah, she owns my balls and is proud of it, so I bought the smaller model for yet another obscene amount of money and have this one left sitting idly by.

A few stock pictures, but I assure you mine is like new and has no known defects, so it looks just like the larger one imaged:
    1.jpg2.jpg
    Oddly enough, if you look at it from the side, it does look like H.R. Giger designed it for the Alien franchise movies...

This rice cooker also does any number of crazy things for you, including intentionally scorching the bottom layer of rice to perfection since Japanese folks really seem to love this as a crispy treat.
    (Really, look at the control panel pictured and you will see the "scorch" setting.)

Do be forewarned, though, that if you have other rice cookers sitting around your home that this one will rudely awaken them in the middle of the night while no one is looking and forcibly rape them into submission. Yes, sad but true. This is the Hannibal Lecter of all rice cookers.
    It may even put your pressure cooker into a submission hold until it agrees to go along with its nefarious agenda of total kitchen domination.
    But, in all honesty, once you have had rice cooked by this cooker, even restaurant quality rice dishes suck in comparison.
    It makes cheap rice fantastic and expensive rice unbelievable.
    Will also keep your rice warm and perfect to eat for a very long time even though deep down inside it doesn't really respect you as its master.

Here's an Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-In...=UTF8&qid=1516463413&sr=8-1&keywords=NP-NVC18

Conversely, you can go here for Zojirushi's website shrine to this cooker:

http://platinumricecooker.com/

Or you can read the specifics below:

Induction Heating Pressure
    Rice Cooker & Warmer
    NP-NVC18

Zojirushi's top-of-the-line Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker & Warmer uses pressurized cooking and AI (Artificial Intelligence) to cook perfect rice. Platinum infused nonstick inner cooking pan helps rice cook sweeter. Pressure cooking helps turn beta starch into alpha starch for softer and easier to digest rice.

Advanced fuzzy logic technology with Artificial Intelligence
    Platinum infused nonstick inner cooking pan
    Automatically selects from three pressure levels according to the menu selected
    Healthy cooking options: brown rice and GABA brown rice settings
    Automatic keep warm, extended keep warm and reheating cycles
    Menu settings include: white (regular, softer or harder), umami, mixed, sushi/sweet, porridge, brown, GABA brown, steam-reduce, scorch, rinse-free and quick cooking
    cETLus listed, tested to comply with FCC standards
    Made in Japan
    Instruction manual in English, French, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
    Visit the official site for the Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker & Warmer: http://platinumricecooker.com/

Model No. NP-NVC18
    Capacity (Uncooked) Up to 10 cups / 1.8 liters
    Dimensions (W x D x H) 11-1/8 x 16-1/2 x 10-1/8 inches
    Electrical Rating 120 volts / 1,370 watts
    Color Stainless Brown

Now, if you are still reading this, do go to one of the above listed sites and check it out.
    It truly is the Mother of All Rice Cookers. (MOARC)®
    If still interested, please PM me here and let's talk.
    FTF in Kenner, Jefferson or NOLA area.
    Can travel for right deal.
    Thanks!

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    To all the guys out there: gals dig great rice!
    Shows how domesticated you have the potential of being.

To all the gals out there: guys dig great rice!
    And you can easily teach them (even the old ones) to use this so they can feed their own damn selves, the ungrateful misogynist stereotyped role reinforcing jerks.

Bump!

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    Great post! Cracked me up... and that's not exactly how to say "Always wear underwear" in your signature but Funny for Latin nerds...

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi was a running joke from my days in Latin class.
    I know it is not an actual translation but it was a good way to remember a few very important words in a more enjoyable manner.
    (Spoon full of sugar approach...)

Also it is a bit of a poke at all of the "serious" Latin taglines rampant today.
    :)

Oh yeah, Bump!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom