Just a heads up. RockAuto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    If I need anything I try and get it online. I used Rockauto again. They had a free shipping. But it all had to be from the same warehouse.
    Was told that Rotor screws could be left out. But a 10 Pack was so cheap I put them back in.
    Hit the screws with a drift and ball peen. Then the impact hammer thingy with a #3
    Funny the driver side was the ones gave me trouble. But the Passenger came right out.
    I did clean up the calipers and painted them. Tossed the Brake Adapters in the blaster and cleaned them, Since they needed to come off to get the rotor off the hubs. And mixed up a small amount of paint and shot them. Put the new screws on rotors on with Loctite Anti Seize. The new WAGNER Rotors with Black E-Coat were a mear 27 bucks. And Raybestos Enhanced Hybrid Technology Pads look sweet. But the main thing are super quite, and stop great.
    Yes, it is just a 10-year-old Honda but the wife is happy. I grabbed that stuff 3 air filters, and 5 cabin air filters, And it was at my door in 3 days for less than 120 bucks.
    Every now and then I get some young kid who wants the old Honda Civic as it is clean but old and not changed. So he can ruin it.
    Maybe I should have done like that guy did at the Honda Web Site.
    Put new Cross Drilled Rotors, Painted the stock Calipers Red and sanded the old worn pads?
    I guess I was like that in the 80's wanting old muscle cars

Attachments

• HondaBrakes2.jpg
      HondaBrakes2.jpg
      216.6 KB · Views: 113
    • HondaBrakes1.jpg
      HondaBrakes1.jpg
      214.3 KB · Views: 101

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Her new speakers are gonna go in as well. Crutchfield sent some really nice ones, With free harness and adapter plates with free shipping as well. She will be blasting Ozzy again soon
    Getting harder and harder to shop Brick and Mortar.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    How do the prices compare to Amazon?

Every time I have looked less. Local stuff is normally cheapo generic
    I like name brand parts. Although even with the most it is China or Mexico.
    The biggest thing is shipping with RockAuto they have warehouse A B C and you have to mix and match as shipping from one is cheaper.
    So sometimes it is cheaper to get more expensive parts but all from the same spot.

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    I was turned onto rockauto by the isuziplanet forums, one of the last places you can find anything for them, and super cheap too.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Keep in mind as Brick and Mortar stores are closed down the inventory is brought up and listed there. That's the blowout, close out. After it is gone it is gone.

I also think some of that regular stuff is just a matter of time as well.

jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    I run a brick and mortar parts store and I still occasionally order from Rock Auto. I picked up a pair of calipers already painted from them without cores for about $70 shipped after some digging online for a coupon when I was doing a big brake conversion on my car (uses other OEM calipers). Shipping was quick and products have been good so far.

To be honest I get a lot on Amazon too, but it's usually oddball performance stuff I couldn't get anyway.

Another Edit: 340six, the best thing I've found for Honda rotor set screws is a mini sledge and a solid screwdriver, one that has a metal all the way through. Twist with one hand and whack with the other. I broke numerous bits with hand impacts until I found this technique.

I'd also add I've ran no set screws without issue many times across numerous Honda's but I did have one set of knuckles on my track car that would get a vibration without them. It could have been the hub not quite true, seeing as I changed wheel bearings once a season and these were 25y/o knuckles and hubs.

Last edited:

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Buy name brand items and your good to go. Shipping is very efficient. Fast and correct packaging of items. Returns are not an issue. Have not had to warranty anything and hopefully will never have to.

When I know I have a side job to do and have the time to wait for parts it's my go to store.

I'm waiting to see if I receive a tax statement from them this year. Could set me back a few pesos.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    been using them for several years. they are great for carrying the oddball part that box stores and dealers dont stock, also for basics for less common cars. i have to buy my basic maintenance parts online as nobody closer than 66 miles stocks them.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Yes that is why I use them as well. If neef parts for 1970 Challenger or my Dart they have to order it. So I might as well do it my self And get name brand at less than generic

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Ordered a Motorcraft wiper switch yesterday (for a 2012 explorer) from Rockauto at $29. Autozone wanted $79. And yes Rockauto has BMW parts. I've even ordered parts from them using the BMW dealer part numbers (but at about 1/4 of the cost).

Top Bottom