Ar upper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan6726

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Boyce,La.
    Don’t suppose anyone here would have a line on where I can get a 16” barrel with fixed sight post and delta ring already installed. Got a couple of drop in quads I’m looking to use up. Upper already on wouldn’t necessarily be bad either.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don’t suppose anyone here would have a line on where I can get a 16* barrel with fixed sight post and delta ring already installed. Got a couple of drop in quads I’m looking to use up. Upper already on wouldn’t necessarily be bad either.

Are you looking for someplace local to you or is is ordering them online an option? Are you looking for a fun plinker or a top shelf build?

Dan6726

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Boyce,La.
    Nothing really high end probably more a middle of the road plinker with somewhat decent accuracy. As far as the ordering online or local goes that doesn’t really matter.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nothing really high end probably more a middle of the road plinker with somewhat decent accuracy. As far as the ordering online or local goes that doesn’t really matter.

To avoid wasting your time with any suggestions you already know about, where have you looked so far?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Back when I built the BayouShooter lower. I added a RedX Upper. It was a good deal in 300BlkOut. They had bad reviews in turn around from Order to Delivery. But good Reviews on quality.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    please do not buy a PSA upper.We ,,4879 gun shops across america beg you ,.
    Friends don't let friends buy junk from PSA:)

There is a reason they are cheaper than most everyone.Because they are using
    cheaper parts or they have found a way to cheapen the way they build them.

These guys are really good,all in house,,all guaranteed,all returnable with no
    hassle.

My buddy bought well over 200 of the jse uppers,I don't remember having any
    issues with them.Ask for kenneth.He is the one that sups over the shop if you
    have any problems.

http://www.jsesurplus.com/ar15uppers-readytoship.aspx

http://www.radicalfirearms.com/category-s/1853.htm

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

You're going to get a lot of opinions on what you should get and what you should stay away from. Just remember, you get what you pay for. Unless you don't. Twice the price may or may not mean twice the quality. A higher price may or may not even mean higher quality. Check reviews from multiple forums and websites to get a better idea regarding the quality of the parts.

Dan6726

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Boyce,La.
    I started out usin hardened arms stuff in the early days when I was getting started. Now I’ve been using everything from all across the board but I haven’t done any builds with a fixed sight since I built my essential arms 20*. I guess I’m just trying to feel some other places out and see what I can improve on. I’ve got a 16* faxon gunner barrel on the way. Still not sure if I want to use it for this particular project though.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    please do not buy a PSA upper.We ,,4879 gun shops across america beg you ,.
    Friends don't let friends buy junk from PSA:)

There is a reason they are cheaper than most everyone.Because they are using
    cheaper parts or they have found a way to cheapen the way they build them.

These guys are really good,all in house,,all guaranteed,all returnable with no
    hassle.

My buddy bought well over 200 of the jse uppers,I don't remember having any
    issues with them.Ask for kenneth.He is the one that sups over the shop if you
    have any problems.

http://www.jsesurplus.com/ar15uppers-readytoship.aspx

http://www.radicalfirearms.com/category-s/1853.htm

You say not to buy PSA and then suggest Radical?

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Also:
    Ballistic advantage and Faxon

Faxon is top notch.

Ballistic Advantage and Aero are the same company. Aero acquired them a few years ago. The uppers are machined by Aero and the barrels come from BA. Supposedly Aero barrels are slightly different than the BA barrels, but they are manufactured in the same way at the same place.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I bought a 16" barrel with mid length gas system from Bear Creek Arsenal in December. It shipped in about a week. At the $160 mark, it came with the delta ring, front sight parts, and flash hider installed. It even had a front sling ring. It only needed a gas tube and it was ready to install.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Colt Defense MIL-B-11595-E chrome lined: $160-200. MIL-B-11595-E CHF double chromed $300+. 416R CHF melonited $300+. Any 4150 melonited is also good $100+. In that order. Avoid sub milspec barrel steel if you can. PSA melonited barrels are fine for $100 and a great bargain, just check accuracy early on and return if it's a lemon.

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Try Sulzer Firearms out if they have some in stock wouldn't take long.

I think I have a 16" 1-7 Twist chrome lined M4 contour barrel with 'F' marked FSB and complete barrel nut assembly installed on it in the spare parts bin that was a take off from a customer's rifle. IIRC, it doesn't look like they ever shot it. It's yours for $100. PM or shoot us an email if you are interested.

Dan6726

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Boyce,La.
    Thanks everyone for the help. Called Sulzer and placed an order and they’ve already got it shipping. Talk about service. Always a pleasure to deal with local companies that are on it!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom