Military Having Issues With New Sig Pistols.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur

Page doesnt display for me.

But thats ok,I knew this was going to happen.
    That is the first thing I said,was any company that puts in their manuel,that the
    pistol can accidentally fire when dropped,was doomed.Glock and steyr should be
    suing very soon again.SIg stole steyrs design ,stole glocks contract.I hope they
    get what they deserve,Bankruptsy.

NO OTHER COMPANY,in this world has anything like that in their manuals.I can
    not believe they ,atf,would even allow this firearm to be made and sold to the
    public.

Die sig along with your pathetic excuse for a weapon.They should be ashamed.
    Giving our poor ol service guys a handful of crap,I mean the new 9mm,,

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    The original German 220's are top 10 ever made. 320s fell like a Glock done wrong to me, but YMMV.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Even if you are Glock hater, could we not all agree that if they just picked the 17 or 19 a lot of hassle and expense could have been saved? They are as exciting as sliced bread, but they are light, hold a lot of bullets, have a long track record, huge industry support, and most of all they work.

I like simple things that work.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    That article is from the testing phase and the report of problems was through september. I venture a guess is it is not acurate at this time or greater information will start flowing from those issued the new sigs.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I would say, Glock! And I am Not Glock Fan. But since they got them, how can they be fixed?
    Or sent back in exchange for some Sigs that are made right from the start?

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Dumb move by the military and expensive for the taxpayer.

Nothing at all wrong with the Beretta M9. It was time tested and proven --

The only 2 reasons you would change a military handgun is the round isn't lethal enough OR realiability.....in both cases this is not true for the M9.....They could have used all that wasted money to actually TRAIN our military to shoot it.

Last edited:

Cbzr1107

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 7, 2018
    Covington
    Few things. I'm not a Glock fan either although I owned one years ago. They have a reputation for just running, and to sone degree, rightfully so. However, they malfunction as well. When I used to shoot IDPA, I saw far more issues with Glocks than with 1911s. And the number of shooters using either platform appeared to be pretty equal. In my personal eperience, which is probably opposite everyone else on here, I had more issues with the 1 Glock I used to own than I've had with my Sig and the 4 1911s I own, combined.

A lot of people, through a wide assortment of topics, throw out some line about taxpayers and the military. I assure you, I pay taxes as well. So do the rest of the military members. People make it sound as if we don't, not true. But I do agree with the notion taxpayer money can always be spent in a wiser manner.

When I joined, we still used the M9. I still like that platform and intend to get one one day. I never had any issues firing one. A lot of people with smaller hands, particularly females, did though. We switched from the M9 to the Sig 229 DAK in .40 a couple years after I got in and I've never had issues with it either.

To be honest, I've no idea why we will eventually go from the 229 to the 320. I think it is a waste of resources. Some have cited broken this or that. But that's going to happen over time and enough rounds.
    To ANY platform. My argument is that it's cheaper to replace parts than buy a whole new firearm.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    1911's in general more reliable than Glocks? Tell us another joke.

Cbzr1107

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 7, 2018
    Covington
    I'm not saying that overall they are. Just was saying in my experience, I have seen them have trouble. People have this false notion that they never fail. And that's wrong. I'll concede that as a whole, of course Glocks are probably more reliable. Never said they weren't. Please single out the part of my post where I said the opposite was true. No worries... I'll wait....

Cbzr1107

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 7, 2018
    Covington
    Almost forgot....and since you asked....

Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait for it......

- - - Updated - - -

Because he died! :rofl:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Few things. I'm not a Glock fan either although I owned one years ago. They have a reputation for just running, and to sone degree, rightfully so. However, they malfunction as well. When I used to shoot IDPA, I saw far more issues with Glocks than with 1911s. And the number of shooters using either platform appeared to be pretty equal.
    In my personal eperience, which is probably opposite everyone else on here, I had more issues with the 1 Glock I used to own than I've had with my Sig and the 4 1911s I own, combined.

Just for you.

Cbzr1107

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 7, 2018
    Covington
    :rofl: Exactly. Proves my point. And a few other things while we are at it.

No where in there, literally no where, do I state that 1911s as a whole are more reliable than Glocks.

What it does state is that Glocks can and do malfunction. All machinery fails at some point.

I also said that when I shot IDPA, I saw them have issues at what seemed to be a higher rate than 1911s.

I even go on to say that my personal experience with the Glock I owned was probably opposite of what everyone else's is. Which would point toward the Glock I owned being an outlier.

Didn't mean to make anyone butt-hurt.

So again, please point out the SPECIFIC part where I said GLOCKS as a whole are more unreliable than 1911s. (I'll save you the trouble this time. I didn't.)

Last edited:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Few things. I'm not a Glock fan either although I owned one years ago. They have a reputation for just running, and to sone degree, rightfully so. However, they malfunction as well. When I used to shoot IDPA, I saw far more issues with Glocks than with 1911s. And the number of shooters using either platform appeared to be pretty equal. In my personal eperience, which is probably opposite everyone else on here, I had more issues with the 1 Glock I used to own than I've had with my Sig and the 4 1911s I own, combined.

A lot of people, through a wide assortment of topics, throw out some line about taxpayers and the military. I assure you, I pay taxes as well. So do the rest of the military members. People make it sound as if we don't, not true. But I do agree with the notion taxpayer money can always be spent in a wiser manner.

When I joined, we still used the M9. I still like that platform and intend to get one one day. I never had any issues firing one. A lot of people with smaller hands, particularly females, did though. We switched from the M9 to the Sig 229 DAK in .40 a couple years after I got in and I've never had issues with it either.

To be honest, I've no idea why we will eventually go from the 229 to the 320. I think it is a waste of resources. Some have cited broken this or that. But that's going to happen over time and enough rounds.
    To ANY platform. My argument is that it's cheaper to replace parts than buy a whole new firearm.

If you liked the M9 when you were in the military (and I don't know the timeframe in which you are speaking) it was probably many years old with 100's or 1,000's of rounds through it and abused in the field.....get a new one and it is absolutely a wonderful handgun. And yes, I have glocks, H&K's, Walthers, S&W's, colts, etc. The M9 is one of my favorites.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom