Concelaed carry while walking/jogging.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Happy hump day, y'all! So, I've recently gotten back into walking and jogging to attempt to get myself back in better shape. Anyone have experience or suggestions/advice on carrying while jogging? I have a tiny little Sig P238 which is small enough to put into the pocket of my jogging pants, but it isn't very fun to jog with it in there. Belly band perhaps? Shoulder holster even? Hoping someone on here can give me some personal experience tips. Thank you and God bless.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Belly band or the 5.11 shirt that holds it under your armpit in a pouch thing. Either way, make sure you clean the sweat off the gun really well.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Unity Tactical Clutch
    Clutch-1.jpg
    [

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I carry a P-07 in a belly band type holster and it works great. Don't recall the band but mine has a semi-rigid backer that goes against the body and prevents your body from pushing the gun out and it spreads the pressure of the gun out so I don't get any hotspots. I've run up to 9 miles with it and had no sore spots.
    Understand the limitations of belly bands though.
    1) Retention is either poor or they have an elastic strap that would prevent a smooth draw.
    2) They are usually made of an elastic fabric which WILL NOT prevent objects from entering the trigger guard. If I was going hiking or trail running through woods or brush this wouldn't be a good choice. I also wouldn't lounge around on the couch or play with the kids while wearing it.

Maybe there is a belly band with kydex in it?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Usually carry my glock 43 with a jogging shorts in a cheap Blackhawk iwb holster appendix carry or actually like 1-2:00, and typically run down my road which is in rual Livingston so is mainly for stray/wild dog protection lol, it actually held/carried real well as long as you got draw strings to pull and tie tight, usually would jog 5-6 miles and after the 2nd or so time never really noticed it... But make sure you clean it when you are done, lol a lot of sweat on gun lol, but unfortunately with the holidays and all the overtime at work I haven't jogged in about a month, and the funny thing is I feel weak... You would imagin it would be the other way around but I need to get back to it... Deff give you a diff refreshed energized type of felling when you are on a good running sched..

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Kel tec p32 or p3at with belt clip.
    Clipped into the waistband of shorts or jogging pants.

I have some experience with a p32 at the 2o'clock position and at 8oz loaded, it's wouldn't pull the waist down on my pants even without tying them tight.

Sclaverand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I used to have a P238 (stolen out of my car) but never jogged with it. When I jog and carry, I usually have a IWB full kydex holster for my Ruger LCP (just a bit smaller than the P238) tucked in at 2 o'clock. I have noticed that it is really bouncy if I'm truckin it. The kydex get's wet and when I'm just wearing running shorts (not meant for boxers), the holster is slippery against my skin. I did actually have it fall out once when I was sprinting, but I tightened up the drawstring of the shorts BEFORE I put the holster in and that solved that issue. The shorts are a little uncomfortable like that but less so that my discomfort from running. ;) When it's colder out, I have a Northface jacket with pit zips that works great and I keep my CLP in a wallet holster (no trigger hole, of course) in my chest pocket. Not as fast on the draw by any means but much more secure and I can run with better form, I feel. Extra mags in the zipper pocket of the shorts. From my experience with the jacket, I think I would like a belly band or shoulder holster more than IWB. Definitely echo wiping down the pistol after a run. If you field strip it right after, you'd be surprised how much moisture gets into the inner bits. You might want to practice disengaging the P238's safety with wet hands. I recall it being pretty small and smooth. Man, I miss that gun.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    If I jog or run I typically like to run trails. I'm not sure how the parks are where you live, but here in the BR area, all BREC parks are "no guns allowed". Just something to think and be aware of.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    If I jog or run I typically like to run trails. I'm not sure how the parks are where you live, but here in the BR area, all BREC parks are "no guns allowed". Just something to think and be aware of.

That's awesome that there are places where you know for a fact that no one is going to attack or pull a gun on you

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I used to mountain bike out at the Comite trail every weekend unarmed...until two rabid pits decided to chase me for damn near a mile.

Top Bottom