Too many Glocks?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    19 G2 to G5 (still hunting for the illusive G1), 26 G4, and 43... 43 goes everywhere I can legally carry anytime of year, the 26 is starting to. The 19s are stashed within arm's reach of my bed and the doors at my house. I found having all 9mm makes it easier to grab deals on ammo and I've found packing range / go / Hurricane bags are easier in a single caliber house. Plus all of the mags, except for my 43 mags work in my AR9. All are shot and cleaned regularly.

However I would highly consider a single stack .40 S&W if Glock released one as a model 44. The thin single stack 42 and 43 can literally disappear in any clothing combination all times of the year. I'm back and forth on real advantages/disadvantages of energy on impact vs having extra rounds vs repetitive center mass accuracy...

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I'm not a Glock guy... I've owned 5 or 6 in the past and sold or traded every one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Glock at all! They are quality firearms, extremely reliable, affordable, and the aftermarket is flooded with cool stuff for them. They just aren't for me. To each his own, as they say. I will tell y'all that I once had a Glock 22 gen 3 that I put over 5,000 rounds through and only had maybe 2 FTF issues, and I'm certain is was an ammo issue. So, the reliability is there.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    How many Glocks do you have vs. how many do you actually use? over 5. All get used- but one at a time. :)

Which models/calibers did you keep, and why? 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP- possible 10mm in the near future for hunting

Which models/calibers do you keep returning to? 19, 43, 21, 30

What are your intended purposes for the different models/calibers? SD, rec. shooting, hunting (hogs)

How many Glock is too many? No such thing as too many. Let your wallet be your guide.

Beveaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2015
    outside NOLA
    How many Glocks do you have vs. how many do you actually use?
    Have 1, Use 0.

Which models/calibers did you keep, and why?
    17 - Full Size

Which models/calibers do you keep returning to?
    9mm

What are your intended purposes for the different models/calibers?
    "Permanent Loan" to my Episcopal priest who lives out in the country and only had a Remington 870

How many Glock is too many?
    My 1 is just right for me.

johnpaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2016
    metairie,la
    I work at at a place with a lot of spanish people and I started telling them that I am juanpablo el gringoloco a few y years ago . I thought I was the original gringoloco,I am so disappointed....LOL

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I work at at a place with a lot of spanish people and I started telling them that I am juanpablo el gringoloco a few y years ago . I thought I was the original gringoloco,I am so disappointed....LOL

I’ve met the original gringo Loco, surprisingly he’s not crazy at all. But definitely a gringo. He also owns a pretty awesome glock!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I currently own a G19 gen 2 and a G22 gen 4. I have personally owned a 17, 17L, and a 26 too.

Let me tell you guys a factual story about glocks. I met a guy who was a rep for glock. They had a G17 that they let anyone shoot, loaned it to FFLs, firearms distributors, reliable friends and acquaintances. They were trying to break it, wear it out. They did keep a round count on it. I was an FFL back in the late 1980s to mid 1990s. Anyways, last I heard this G17 had over 300,000 rounds thru it and still going strong. It had like the extractor spring, recoil spring, and mags rebuilt. But the lower receiver, slide, and barrel were all original, as were most small parts. This was in the early to mid 90s, last i heard of this specific weapon. I don't know how the Glock 17 was not selected as our military sidearm. Probably politics and payoffs. Glock immersed many 17s in 5 gallon buckets of salt water and sand, for days at a time. Never missed a lick.

Gaston Glock is a genius. From curtain rods and knives, to handguns. I'm a Glock fan for life.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I currently own a G19 gen 2 and a G22 gen 4. I have personally owned a 17, 17L, and a 26 too.

Let me tell you guys a factual story about glocks. I met a guy who was a rep for glock. They had a G17 that they let anyone shoot, loaned it to FFLs, firearms distributors, reliable friends and acquaintances. They were trying to break it, wear it out. They did keep a round count on it. I was an FFL back in the late 1980s to mid 1990s. Anyways, last I heard this G17 had over 300,000 rounds thru it and still going strong. It had like the extractor spring, recoil spring, and mags rebuilt. But the lower receiver, slide, and barrel were all original, as were most small parts. This was in the early to mid 90s, last i heard of this specific weapon. I don't know how the Glock 17 was not selected as our military sidearm. Probably politics and payoffs. Glock immersed many 17s in 5 gallon buckets of salt water and sand, for days at a time. Never missed a lick.

Gaston Glock is a genius. From curtain rods and knives, to handguns. I'm a Glock fan for life.

In 2010 Chuck Taylor had a G17 with more than 300,000 rounds documented and Glock Inc. has one with even more rounds fired.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    In 2010 Chuck Taylor had a G17 with more than 300,000 rounds documented and Glock Inc. has one with even more rounds fired.

I believe it. Seems i remember reading on glocktalk forum of one handgun having 450,000 and still going. Simple and bulletproof. I don't visit glocktalk hardly any more as it has changed drastically from the old days, but they have like 100,000 plus members there. World wide folks.

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not enough.....
    Currently I have

G34 -
    G21 - just must have a 45acp
    G19 - Gen 2 - camp gun, car gun, etc.
    G19 - Gen 3 (2) carry guns. Same sights and upgrades
    G19 - Gen 4 - just because

Won't talk about the ones I let go....

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Not enough.....
    Currently I have

G34 -
    G21 - just must have a 45acp
    G19 - Gen 2 - camp gun, car gun, etc.
    G19 - Gen 3 (2) carry guns. Same sights and upgrades
    G19 - Gen 4 - just because

Won't talk about the ones I let go....

Time for you to upgrade to Gen 5 9mm Glocks G26, G19, G19X, G17, G34.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom