10/22 help needed for round loading issues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    anybody on here good at adjusting the head spacing on a 10/22 bolt or manipulating the barrel set back into the receiver?

I'm having an issue with my bolt picking up the round and chambering it properly. it hits and stops, and if I pull back on the charging handle about 1/4" and let it go, it'll chamber fine... but then it messes up the next round, and every following round...

ideas, thoughts, insight?

This is on an older receiver that I put a cut down threaded barrel on to make into a custom AR style pistol with a Nordic Components kit and a KAK blade buffer and brace...

PECEMKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    anybody on here good at adjusting the head spacing on a 10/22 bolt or manipulating the barrel set back into the receiver?

I'm having an issue with my bolt picking up the round and chambering it properly. it hits and stops, and if I pull back on the charging handle about 1/4" and let it go, it'll chamber fine... but then it messes up the next round, and every following round...

ideas, thoughts, insight?

This is on an older receiver that I put a cut down threaded barrel on to make into a custom AR style pistol with a Nordic Components kit and a KAK blade buffer and brace...

What magazine are you using ?
    How tight is it to insert a mag , I have had several stocks that the mag well area had to be enlarged.
    Also the original push up mag release on metal housing trigger groups is not compatible with newer mags.

Is this a SBR with a KAK blade ?

PECEMKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    Does the extractor groove match up with the extractor? ding on top of barrel interfering with bolt ?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Barrel Droop can be an issue in an older 10/22. You can purchase an aftermarket adjustable 'V Block', that will cure this issue.

When you installed the barrel, did it fit snuggly?

You make no mention of magazines. Another problem common to 10/22s is magazine issues. Be sure to try a factory BX-1 10 rnd rotary magazine. 25 round mags are known for being problematic, even the BX-25 magazines.

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    This happens with Aguilla, Gemtech, Remington, and Federal shells.
    I have a bunch of the Tactical Innovations TI-25 mags that I use in all my 10/22.
    I'll inspect the barrel for a ding... it definitely fits snuggly, I may research the adjustable V-block.
    The extractor does line up correctly with the groove, it has no issue grabbing shells, just sliding a new one in.
    Thanks guys for the ideas.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Just an idea, check the chamber at the breach face. Most barrels I see have a slight chamfer. Some more than others. But I've also seen some barrels that have no chamfer just a straight 90* cut into the breach face. If that makes any sense.

Top Bottom