Favorite deer rifle caliber?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    It's damn hot at that...But I'm reading on Bayoubucks that a few guys are sticking does so far
    When it’s hot you have to target wet areas. We have a couple creeks that run through the property that are always wet so I’ll be targeting those areas. It has been super dry at our place so I’m hoping to concentrate on one the creeks and nail one. Bucks or slicks isn’t really that important to me.

I’m not good enough to be picky

gemihur

Newbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2018
    Roanoke, VA
    I like a contender but gotta be ready for bear

Attachments

• 358 Alpo and loaded ammo sm.png
      358 Alpo and loaded ammo sm.png
      181.8 KB · Views: 187

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    I stated earlier that my favorite deer caliber is the .308 but after thinking about it again, all of the calibers that I or my kids have hunted with have been lights out out to at least 300 yards (except for the .243, only because we haven’t taken anything with it that far). I think if you put the round where it’s supposed to go, anything larger than a .22 caliber will kill, within its effective range.

We’ve been super successful with the following calibers:

.243 - amazing little round that has dropped them in their tracks at times and put them down after running up to 100 yards. Tikka T3 youth model.

7mm-08 - great knock down punch and very flat shooting, extremely accurate out of my boy’s Tikka T3 youth model

Ole trusty Remington 700 .308 - what can I say? Tried and true. Great all-around caliber. Other calibers that do certain things better than the .308 but if I could only have one rifle, I would still pick the .308.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom