Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 910
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A5BLASTER View Post
    I can honestly say I have never had that much trouble putting down a deer with mine. Most I had one run was just short of 15 yards.

I have loads worked up for some all copper bullets but so far all my kills have been with 100 grain NBT ammo or 120 federal fusion.

I don't suggest the nbt on bone strikes like high shoulder/spine. And that's where you should be shooting if you want a 100% chance they will drop in their track no matter how big or fast the bullet is going.
    So you are shooting high shoulder with the solid coppers with good results? That’s definitely what I am hoping for. The ole 30-06 has always been a hang flop proposition. So I have had some heartburn with the Grendel with the ballistic tips. I’m feeling better about putting the Grendel back to work now. Thanks.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I've used a .270 for forty years. Just purchased a 7MM08 for a light kick. I am seventy two and had a rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder.
    Double action and decocker to left of hammer. Has new Meprolight night sights and new trigger spring. I bought it from a surgeon in Covington. Really take n care of.. It is like New. Sorry I am late answering you. I had to travel to Natchez. I'll be home tomorrow.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    I've used a .270 for forty years. Just purchased a 7MM08 for a light kick. I am seventy two and had a rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder.
    That 7-08 is a heck of a deer round. Bought my son one last year. My daughter took her first buck with it; dropped dead in less than 20 yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk