Comments in the marketplace...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Sorry guys, but whoever is in charge here that made the decision to allow the comments in the marketplace really made a mistake.

I’m tired of reading the comments that should be handled via pm’s. It’s like I’m being forced to read pm’s that I don’t want to see.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    And then there’s this.

Could have been done via PM.
    ed1c3022a988284a2dc7edb027cab50a.jpg
    99930a3ab14d48ab81c238a81f086c20.jpg

A 10 hour old ad just got bumped to the top because someone wanted to call out someone’s typo, meanwhile, people who didn’t have a typo just got pushed down the page.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ask the mods my thoughts on replies in the classifieds :mamoru:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Here’s an idea: Set it up so only when the OP comments the thread gets bumped. When others comment, the thread doesn’t get bumped.

You got overruled?

1) Excellent idea. I think there is some sort of plugin that does this. Maybe purtanize can add it.

2) Essentially. Outvoted and willing to compromise is the more accurate description.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    1) Excellent idea. I think there is some sort of plugin that does this. Maybe purtanize can add it.

2) Essentially. Outvoted and willing to compromise is the more accurate description.

There is a plugin that forces you to use a "bump" button. In that instance replies can be made, but will not bump the thread regardless of who posts.

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    Hey folks, thanks for the feedback on this.

I will happily see what plugins are available. However, there have been no real issues allowing replies thus far. I can tell you from my end I am happy to stop replying to folks asking why replies cannot be made in the ad ares, literally many users each month ask. I don't mind the work, don't get me wrong, I just don't like to see that much confusion for something that should be so easy to understand/use.

I was 50/50 though, on the change, I wanted the mods policing it to have the final say and they did. I 100% support that, and 100% think replies are better for the ad area. So much confusion from new folks as to why no replies were allowed.

Let me see what changes can be made to help streamline how it all runs.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    As always there is a report this post to a moderator. If something is not right to report it.
    To sit back and watch! Or just complain is not going to help. As far as someone posting an offer that is not allowed. We announced that when the replies were going to be put to in as a test.
    Offers should be by Pm only. The classifieds here are not eBay or Gunbroker.

#1bambam

Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I have a idea.Why not have a sales area that allows comments and replies like a thread does.Then have one that is like it was a month ago.Hey the no comment area could auto-bump each thread once every 24hrs.That would satisfy everyone (More so the whining "No Comment" guys).I would also like to see which one has a higher "sold" rate after a while

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom