Infromation needed on Kel-Tek Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Boyce, Louisiana
    I am looking for information from someone who has owned or shot a Kel-tek 5.56 or 308 Bullpup. I am wanting to buy one but can not find out much information on them. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Also if you know of someone that has one for sale or a sporting good store that has one please let me know.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Ask Away!

gGeaw01.jpg

cjaXKWV.jpg

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    How well does that rifle suppress? Furthermore, do you have any issues with blowback?

Best that I have shot yet. Theres no way that you can get blow back with it....it seems anyway. The way that the piston system is designed makes it even more quiet.

LaTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Boyce, Louisiana
    Do you remember what they were asking for the 308? New or used? Was it a gun shop or individual. You are right its a long way and I couldn't make it before the show was over. Many thanks for the heads up....

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Do you remember what they were asking for the 308? New or used? Was it a gun shop or individual. You are right its a long way and I couldn't make it before the show was over. Many thanks for the heads up....

It was new, and a gun shop had it. Not one I'm familiar with, but I think I've seen them at a Carencro show before. The show is done by Sullivan Productions out of Alex. Not something I was shopping for, I think It was 8-900 dollars.

May be someone knows who they are, or bought something from them this weekend. One of the largest AR vendors, near the middle of the room, on the east side of the isle.

PM sent.

Last edited:

Tanker

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Metairie, Louisana
    I've been researching the RDB because I'm seriously considering getting one. I've read every review I could find and went to multiple forums to ask owners their opinions. So far, I've found nothing negative. Owners really like the rifles and reviewers were impressed. The only non-positive comments I've seen are from people who don't own one but they see the Kel-Tec brand and throw rocks. I owned a Kel-Tec Sub2000 9mm carbine and it functioned flawlessly. Very simple and extremely effective design and it could take a beating.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I've been researching the RDB because I'm seriously considering getting one. I've read every review I could find and went to multiple forums to ask owners their opinions. So far, I've found nothing negative. Owners really like the rifles and reviewers were impressed. The only non-positive comments I've seen are from people who don't own one but they see the Kel-Tec brand and throw rocks. I owned a Kel-Tec Sub2000 9mm carbine and it functioned flawlessly. Very simple and extremely effective design and it could take a beating.

If you wanna check mine out just give me a heads up the day before and I will bring it to work with me (Gretna Gun Works).

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Keltec can be hiot or miss items.

I have owned quite a selection of Keltec products in the last 18 or so years. Started with a P11 in 9mm, and have had or still have the following

P32 (x2)
    P3at (1)
    Pf9 (x3)
    P11 (1)
    Su22 (1)
    Su16 (x2)
    KSG (x2)
    Sub2k gen 1 (x2)

I was not very impressed with the build quality of the Sub2k... Just did not seem that great to me. I am not a real fan of the PCC (pistol caliber carbine) so take that into consideration. Bot of mine were glock mag gen 1 models. One in 9mm and the other in 40.

However, the SU 22 and 16 rifles, and the KSG in particular are very well made. The designs are also very good. Still have all 5 of those. The SU16 is a great piston, ar mag compatible rifle option. And the KSG defines its category, nothing else comes close.

I feel that there are better options from other mfgs when considering the P11, P32 and P3at. For example, the Kahr CW380 is light years ahead of the p32 and p3at. And most sub compact 9mm pistols, like the G26 or M&pP, are a lot nicer to shoot than the P11. And there are many better options for a single stack 9mm than the Pf9, the shield, G43, Kahr cm9, cw9...

I look forward to getting a RBD, I too have followed it quite keenly. The survival model is very interesting.

Top Bottom