Lafayette/Youngsville area USPSA Shooters - Possible new match in Youngsville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Just an additional note on this...

While I'm unable to shoot, I will be bringing a complete rig set up for Limited/Production Divisions and will make it and my XDM 5.25 .40S&W available for someone that may not have all the equipment. All you have to do is supply the ammo (factory loads, I only trust my handloads in my pistols).

jpgarc01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    What type of pistol is allowed, auto, revolver, single or double stack, capacity, caliber?? Can you bring more than one gun?? What about protective gear, glasses, ear plugs?? Any info is appreciated??

Ditto on what Mike said - though if you don't have a holster/mag pouches, don't worry. Just bring a pistol bag and wear pants with a lot of pockets.

If you want to bring more than one gun, go ahead. If there aren't many shooters, you may be able to run sine stages twice. However if we get more than 8 shooters, you only be able to run one set of gear. 3 months from now, when most of the shooters know what's going on, it'll be less of an issue. Since its the first night, I'm expecting it to run a little slower.

If you are having trouble choosing a gun, bring the one that you have the highest total round capacity (I.e, most number of mags).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    So bummed I can't make tonights shoot. Forgot I was on call this week so can't be too far from home. But am planning on being there for the march 7th one and double checked and am not on call that week for work so should be doable.

For the lucky bastards that go post up an after action thread or something so I can hear how it went.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Guns cleaned, gear loaded, heading to pick the wife up from work in a few. See y'all there.

jpgarc01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    First match was a great success! Almost 30 shooters. We weren't expecting that - good problem to have!

There is one important thing to note - and this is a drag - Sentry's insurance policy does not allow patrons to shoot handloads. Yes, I know - bummer. I do not know if/when this will change, but if/when it does, I'll keep you all posted. FWIW, Freedom Munitions and Atlanta Arms sells ammo that makes PF.

Lastly about USPSA affiliation - I will apply for affiliation once we have 10 current USPSA members willing to sign as charter members.

This will be the last I post on this particular thread. If you are interested in keeping up, please follow our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/lafayettePracticalShooters/

Also, here is our Practiscore page for upcoming matches: https://practiscore.com/clubs/lafayette-practical-shooters

Wish you were closer to BR. Just a bit too far at 2 hrs each way

We'll just see each other at EAPS :) Besides, BR has USPSA at FRC, right? That should be close.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    It was great! I honestly didn't expect so many to show up. I'll renew my membership and see if the wife wants one, you'll be able to count me as one of the charter members (and possibly her as well).

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Wow! I had no idea that there were that many people interested in USPSA shooting in this area. Awesome to see. Thanks to JP for being the spark to get this off the ground.

I'll be happy to sign the charter when we have the numbers!

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I looked on the pratiscore webpage and it is not showing any events other than yesterdays. Do you know when you will update it with the other matches.

I think it would be good if there was a running thread for the matches in Lafayette. I really don't do the BookFace I don't have an overpowering urge to overshare at this point in my life.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom