Lafayette/Youngsville area USPSA Shooters - Possible new match in Youngsville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpgarc01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    **SAVE THE DATE - WED, FEB 21**

For those interested, the owners of Sentry Defense range in Youngsville and I are talking about holding matches on Wednesdays - potentially starting on Feb 21st.

Details (match frequency, hammer down time, match fee, etc) are not fully figured out yet, but I'm optimistic that we will be able to have a match on Feb 21.

There is no formal USPSA club affiliated with this match as of yet - but I will keep the classifier scores in PS. If turnout is good for the first few matches, we'll become official and send the scores in.

Anyone who may have props that we can borrow for the match, please PM me. Otherwise, I'll be making a bunch of stuff the weekend before ;)

Of course, anyone of any skill level is welcome! If you do have match experience, and are comfortable being an RO, please consider coming. I'm expecting that this will be predominantly new shooters, so it'd be nice to have other experienced shooters to help guide the herd.

DVC,

-JP

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    I'm currently on the mend (back surgery), but have been hoping we'd get something closer to the Lafayette area for years. I won't be able to make any of the first few months worth (on the mend until late March at the earliest), but once I'm up and running I'll very interesting in getting back into shooting sports. I work 14/14 offshore, so I'd also be willing to help out on my days off. Please keep me in the loop and good luck getting it going!

jpgarc01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Hey man - thanks for responding! I was hoping to meet up with you anyway about matches in the area. Get well soon so we can mix it up ;) We'll keep in touch.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Hey man - thanks for responding! I was hoping to meet up with you anyway about matches in the area. Get well soon so we can mix it up ;) We'll keep in touch.

Depending on what my Doc says on the 16th, I may be able to attend on the 21st but will still be under direction to not lift anything over 10lbs nor bend over...so essentially I'd just be a walking around observer. I could probably help out with scoring though. I'll let you know after I have my next appointment.

May not be a whole lot of people come out in the middle of the week though, so keep that in mind.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Tagging this. I want to start getting into some shooting matches and this is a lot closer than other matches I have seen.

jpgarc01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Depending on what my Doc says on the 16th, I may be able to attend on the 21st but will still be under direction to not lift anything over 10lbs nor bend over...so essentially I'd just be a walking around observer. I could probably help out with scoring though. I'll let you know after I have my next appointment.

May not be a whole lot of people come out in the middle of the week though, so keep that in mind.

Cool sounds good - don't push it though. Hopefully this becomes a regular thing!

Also, yes, I realize that the middle of the week may be tough. This was the best night for the range to do it, so we'll give it a whirl.

- - - Updated - - -

Tagging this. I want to start getting into some shooting matches and this is a lot closer than other matches I have seen.

We'd love to have you! All skill levels welcome. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I'll also update this thread as news arises.

jpgarc01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Hoping to get final confirmation, details, etc, with the range owners tomorrow (2/14). Will let you all know as soon as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpgarc01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    The match is ON everyone! It will be at Sentry Defense in Youngsville, Feb 21. Be there at 6:00PM for registration/shooter's meeting. 6:30PM hammer down. We have 4 stages, including a classifier. Bring your friends!!!

You can pre-register on here on PractiScore: https://practiscore.com/lafayette-uspsa-feb-21/register

For those of you who are brand new, don't worry about division, classification, member#, etc. Just show up and we'll take care of it!

Editing to add a video for brand new shooters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jswJqBvGwoM

The video above is a good representation of what to expect. The only caveat is that since we are shooting indoors, the "180" rule is not in effect. Your muzzle must be pointed in the direction of the bullet trap at all times.

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Dammit looks like I can't make that day. Hopefully you guys have a good turnout and do another one that I can go to.

jpgarc01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Dammit looks like I can't make that day. Hopefully you guys have a good turnout and do another one that I can go to.

No problem! I think the next one will be March 7th. We'll be going every other week for awhile. Hopefully we'll catch some momentum and get up to every week by this summer.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Great to hear! Pending my clearance from the doctor tomorrow, I may come to help out in any way that I can (still not sure what limitations they're going to put on me). The every other week works for me (I normally work 14/14), but rotating on this schedule I'd only be able to make it to one per month because it's on my crew change days (the first match would be on a day that I would normally be going offshore if I wasn't out on recovery).

jpgarc01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Great to hear! Pending my clearance from the doctor tomorrow, I may come to help out in any way that I can (still not sure what limitations they're going to put on me). The every other week works for me (I normally work 14/14), but rotating on this schedule I'd only be able to make it to one per month because it's on my crew change days (the first match would be on a day that I would normally be going offshore if I wasn't out on recovery).

Would love to have you! We can sit you in a central-ish location and you can run the tablet if you like

Scottybaw337

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Lafayette
    What type of pistol is allowed, auto, revolver, single or double stack, capacity, caliber?? Can you bring more than one gun?? What about protective gear, glasses, ear plugs?? Any info is appreciated??

Top Bottom