Walmart Ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    I figured out why Walmart always has so much .22 ammo. You can’t never get anybody to open the case. It’s ridiculous how long it takes to get somebody with a key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I figured out why Walmart always has so much .22 ammo. You can’t never get anybody to open the case. It’s ridiculous how long it takes to get somebody with a key.

You are so right! And the first two or three people you can even find conveniently "don't have a key" to that case. By the time you find the right clown with the right key, you're so frustrated. It is ridiculous. I rarely have to go through that song and dance anymore since I rarely ever buy ammo from Walmart these days. But I totally understand and have experienced what you're talking about.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    EZ fix

I go to front at returns.I tell them send someone to ammo case,sporting goods.
    I go to sporting goods,wait 5 mins.If no one has shown up.I go to nearest person
    and ask for a manager to be sent to sporting goods,stat.Usually works.
    Ive never waited longer than 10 mins or store manager gets earful.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    BUT when they do open the case they check you out at the register next to the ammo case -- so there isn't the Walmart Cashier infinity line!

But I agree, whenever possible I will go elsewhere to by my ammo.

Davidg53

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2018
    Bentley,La
    Or buy both online :]

Seriously, if I don't ever have to go to another physical brick-and-mortor store again, I never will.

I have mixed feelings about this, but the older I get, the less I care about stores.....well, except maybe the hardware store and the grocery store. My wife loves to shop....I'd prefer staying home and waiting on UPS or FEDEX!...I can spend my time reloading or shooting or interacting on here...lol

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    That right Austin, buy all your ammo on line and there won’t be any use for any of the local shops to advertise on here since we won’t be in business.��

Bryan Guillory
    LouisianaGun

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That right Austin, buy all your ammo on line and there won’t be any use for any of the local shops to advertise on here since we won’t be in business.��

Bryan Guillory
    LouisianaGun

Setup an online shop and I definitely would buy online from y'all :]

What do y'all sell target 9mm ammo for at your shop? I haven't been by for awhile.

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    I only buy local when it comes to ammo, small shop inside an Ace Hardware...

However I do rely on folks having websites to find them location wise and so on., I don't get out much at all, if ever really, so when I do, it's easier to find folks with Google. Putting up that range map I found many folks were not listed on Google for exmaple, so I sent them over the link to get added for free https://www.google.com/business/

So far everyone has. Why not.... Great way to be found and it's free.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    I really didn’t need it just thought I would get a brick because I was there and it was there and I wouldn’t have to dig any out of my stash to keep in my shed.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Get MURS Radio and Get on the freq Walmart uses and tell someone with a key to come to sporting goods

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Baker Wal-Mart has a button on the ammo cabinet.
    dxeef8.jpg

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Lay on the ground in front of the ammo cabinet and within minutes you will have LP and the store manager at your service. Tell them you were just waiting for assistance with the ammo cabinet.

jengineer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ammo at Walmart What Ammo.

Ever since the New Year Kalifornia Walmarts have dropped ammo purchases. Currently you can only buy it from a place or shipped to a place that holds an FFL. Later we will have to get a "license and background check" to purchase it. Yep Kalifornia a different kind fo Stat of the Union.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Ammo at Walmart What Ammo.

Ever since the New Year Kalifornia Walmarts have dropped ammo purchases. Currently you can only buy it from a place or shipped to a place that holds an FFL. Later we will have to get a "license and background check" to purchase it. Yep Kalifornia a different kind fo Stat of the Union.

Why are you still in Rainbow land?

Top Bottom