Here's a good article for the "survivalists"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Not only survivalists... any tactical tommy's who see or read something and think it's gospel. These are the same people who run out and buy whatever is on the cover of "RECOIL" magazine or American Rifleman (no offense to the publications)... hell or even all those who RUSHED to the store to grab a P320 just because the military chose it for their new pistol. This works the same in reverse also... like the EOTech returns... where everyone rushed to return their EOTech because it had a drift when exposed to subzero temperatures for extended periods of time... Like even 1% of the US owners (outside of military and contractors) would EVER be in such a situation and IN COMBAT.

These people let everyone else do their "research" for them. In this case, someone said... "hey, it looks about the size of a projectile... and it catches the blood from a menstrual cycle... I BET I can use it to plug a wound cavity!!"... they posted it and ran with it. Then the "I want to prep, but I don't really want to spend any money" folks spread it like wildfire. Spend the money on a R.A.T.S. or C.A.T. tourniquet and a quickclot trauma pack (and LEARN how to use it!!! Don't just throw it in a bag and try to figure it out when you NEED IT!!). You get what you pay for... in this case, it could be DEATH!

If you fall for these things without doing your own RESEARCH, you probably have a relative that is a crowned prince of Nigeria or something who needs some cash.

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Not only survivalists... any tactical tommy's who see or read something and think it's gospel. These are the same people who run out and buy whatever is on the cover of "RECOIL" magazine or American Rifleman (no offense to the publications)... hell or even all those who RUSHED to the store to grab a P320 just because the military chose it for their new pistol. This works the same in reverse also... like the EOTech returns... where everyone rushed to return their EOTech because it had a drift when exposed to subzero temperatures for extended periods of time... Like even 1% of the US owners (outside of military and contractors) would EVER be in such a situation and IN COMBAT.

These people let everyone else do their "research" for them. In this case, someone said... "hey, it looks about the size of a projectile... and it catches the blood from a menstrual cycle... I BET I can use it to plug a wound cavity!!"... they posted it and ran with it. Then the "I want to prep, but I don't really want to spend any money" folks spread it like wildfire. Spend the money on a R.A.T.S. or C.A.T. tourniquet and a quickclot trauma pack (and LEARN how to use it!!! Don't just throw it in a bag and try to figure it out when you NEED IT!!). You get what you pay for... in this case, it could be DEATH!

If you fall for these things without doing your own RESEARCH, you probably have a relative that is a crowned prince of Nigeria or something who needs some cash.

I agree with all of this except the RATS TQ.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I know there's been some controversy and testing of the R.A.T.S... and the C.A.T. is the way to go... but its still better than nothing (or a tampon!).

CAT Gen 7 & SOFTT-W tourniquets should be used.

RATS tourniquets are good for small children and pets, but typically fail a doppler test on adults.

Top Bottom