Remington filing BK

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    Remington Arms is searching for financing to allow the firm to file for bankruptcy protection. Remington has been trying to restructure its $950 million debt load ahead of a $550 million term loan maturing next year.

Remington’s sales for the first nine months of last year were down 27% and the company posted an operating loss of $28 million during that period.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Remington and Colt both seem to have lost their direction. Smith and Wesson and Ruger have done a much better job of focusing on specific markets and excelling in those spaces. I hope their leadership can help dig them out of these holes ... I’d hate to see these companies go under.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Remington and Colt both seem to have lost their direction. Smith and Wesson and Ruger have done a much better job of focusing on specific markets and excelling in those spaces. I hope their leadership can help dig them out of these holes ... I’d hate to see these companies go under.

You evidently don't deal with the stock market. S&W and Ruger are WAY down. S&W is down almost 300% in the past year and Ruger isn't doing much better.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You evidently don't deal with the stock market. S&W and Ruger are WAY down. S&W is down almost 300% in the past year and Ruger isn't doing much better.

I hold both AOBC and RGR in my stock portfolio, and I think they're better medium-term investments than Remington and Colt. In the next election the prices will bounce back up when people get scared of more Democrats getting elected, regardless of what actually happens.

How these stocks play in the long term is anyone's guess, but I've got plenty of diversity in my portfolio and I like to offend liberals by telling them that I own stock in gun companies.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom