MCTA yesterday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So yesterday, me and a buddy went to MCTA. His second trip, my first. That has got to be the most relaxed enviornment I've ever been to at a range. Great time to say the least. everyone there was really cool, easy to talk to, and I even learned a few things from a few people. I'll definately be going back in a couple weeks, once I recoup the 400ish rounds i sent downrange yesterday. Does anyone here go their on a regular basis?

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I haven't been yet. I have a pass for a free range visit, just need to find the time to make it out there. The idea of having 24/7 access for $300/year sounds nice.

mperr7530

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Gonzales, LA
    I bought a family membership. I'm doing the Warrior Weekend training in March. Couldn't agree with you more on the relaxed nature of the range.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    When I first heard about it on another thread here, I wasn't interested really, because of the whole membership thing and all. But I didn't realize, you could go on the weekends, pay 10 dollars and shoot all day. I mean, we were there at 10:30 and didn't leave till after 4 when he was shutting down. It's a lot cheaper than most other places, and much better environment in my opinion, due to being and outdoor range, and you can actually run drills, and shoot farther than 50yards. Lol...

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Kevin, do they have any benches, say for rifle @100 yards? I looked at their picks on line and i don't see any benches or stations. Just shooters laying on the ground.

Or do you have to bring ur own table or bench?

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    Its a great place and the membership is worth it. It's great for training for defensive shooting because you are not confined to a bench of booth if one of the three sided pits is available. It is also great for just plain bench based target shooting. It is a family friendly environment.To

Small soapbox moment:

Unfortunately, I've seen the damage of some rule infractions of the few rules they do have in place. Last year someone brought a 50 bmg rifle in there and destroyed the swinging steel target pipe frame ruining it for everyone for a while. There is also a lot of trash needlessly left around that a gentleman that helps with the range has to clean up during the week.

To keep this private owned range how it is currently run, everyone please be safety minded and follow the rules so management does not have to make things more regimented as well as clean up your brass and trash.

Off soapbox

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Its a great place and the membership is worth it. It's great for training for defensive shooting because you are not confined to a bench of booth if one of the three sided pits is available. It is also great for just plain bench based target shooting. It is a family friendly environment.To

Small soapbox moment:

Unfortunately, I've seen the damage of some rule infractions of the few rules they do have in place. Last year someone brought a 50 bmg rifle in there and destroyed the swinging steel target pipe frame ruining it for everyone for a while. There is also a lot of trash needlessly left around that a gentleman that helps with the range has to clean up during the week.

To keep this private owned range how it is currently run, everyone please be safety minded and follow the rules so management does not have to make things more regimented as well as clean up your brass and trash.

Off soapbox

Completely agree... me and my buddy made sure to police all our brass, chip bags, etc... And yeah John, they do have benches/stools out there...

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I have attended a few classes out there with Mike. He is a good guy with lots of experience. It’s a big boy range with big boy rules. The times I have been there I didn’t see the *first time shooters* that are usually found at other public ranges that make me nervous. Wish I still lived close and I would definitely join but I do still make the trip usually in April and take a course. Definitely worth checking it out.

lottem

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    MCTA Range Pictures

Here is an aerial picture and a picture of one of the ranges showing 100_1736.jpgMCTA-RANGE.jpg the shooting benches.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I wish someone would open a 24hr range in Baton Rouge. It would be awesome to be able to practice shooting a few rounds late at night when the department range is closed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom