Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Calling all 4 wheeler gurus!

My Yamaha Grizzly with auto transmission started to make a backfiring noise while itís in reverse. The more throttle you give it the more it makes this noise. The bike is 6-7 years old but hasnít been used that much, but this just started this week. Would anyone have an idea on why it would do this.

SSST

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Safety feature so you donít nail the throttle and get thrown over the handlebars?
    My Kawasaki has and override button for it.

Just researched. Google the grizzhopper delete.
    A Dynatek CDI box looks like it gets rid of the rev limiter too without monkeying with the wiring.
    Last edited by mickey; February 13th, 2018 at 01:56 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Usually a grey button on the left handle bar for override. Just press it when you want to back up.. fast.

The Shadow Knows!

User Info Menu

Has the bike sat for a while? If yes, the jets my have gotten stopped up or partially stopped up! Todays fuel is nasty when it sits.
    SEAFOAM will help to keep things cleaner and working better... Try using Non - Ethanol fuels...
    The
    SHADOW

The "10mm" I'm Packin', Has The Bullets Wackin', Smakin' & The Slide is Rackin' & Jackin'!
    N R A Life Member

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Labeeman View Post
    My Yamaha Grizzly with auto transmission started to make a backfiring noise while it’s in reverse. The more throttle you give it the more it makes this noise. The bike is 6-7 years old but hasn’t been used that much, but this just started this week. Would anyone have an idea on why it would do this.
    Mai, Don't back up?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

May need a new O2 sensor

Go away,Batin...

User Info Menu

Don't know what year but my dads 02 Kodiak has that as a safety feature, it a rev limiter, stops damage to the engine and excessive speed.
    His bike has no bypass button.
    I'm just a Redneck with too many guns.