Hearing Protection Act H.R.367

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    The Hearing Protection Act was introduced in the House on January 9, 2017. The measure is designed to remove suppressors from the purview of the National Firearms Act (1934). The Hearing Protection Act is not about making suppressors legal, as they are already legal in over 40 states. Rather, the Hearing Protection Act would simply make the devices less difficult for law-abiding citizens to acquire. The Act would accomplish this by removing the requirements that suppressor purchasers submit fingerprints and photographs of themselves, and would also remove the registration requirement and $200 federal tax for suppressor owners. The Hearing Protection Act was days away from a vote on House floor in early October but Speaker Ryan shelved the bill, providing no insight into when he might allow the measure to come up for a vote.

The bill was shelved politically due to the two mass shootings.
    Alexandria, Virginia, shooting that critically wounded Majority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA). Scalise returned to work just 48 hours before the Las Vegas shooting. Where Stephen Paddock killed 58 and injured 851 more. No suppressors were used in either of these crimes.

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    It's a pipe dream.
    1cwky85jbsy4mbr76wr.jpg

Sometimes even pipe dreams come true... :D

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    We can make it happen if we ignore the defeatist attitudes.

Mike

After sitting down with one of the largest NFA dealers in the state, who is also "in the know" when it comes to firearm politics, and having him tell me it isn't gonna happen and why... It ain't gonna happen.

And it's not because there is a lack of support.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    First, that bill is from last year's congressional session and is dead. The bill would have to be reintroduced this congress session.

Second, we just had ANOTHER school shooting. This time in South Florida (Broward County), early reports say 16 killed. With crap like this we'll be lucky to keep what we have.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Actually, I take it back ... with the squishes we have for politicians right now, you're right that we'll be lucky to retain the rights that we already have.

I said it before and I'll say it again: trusting Trump & Co. with our gun rights is about as insane as trusting Hillary & Co. with our gun rights. They'll both sell us out to the highest bidder (Michael Bloomberg?) at the earliest opportunity. The only way to change that tide is to rise up (as gun owners did in 2013) and remind our politicians, with regularity, that we're a much larger voting bloc than they imagine we are, and that we will happily take our votes elsewhere if they get soft.

Mike

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Actually, I take it back ... with the squishes we have for politicians right now, you're right that we'll be lucky to retain the rights that we already have.

I said it before and I'll say it again: trusting Trump & Co. with our gun rights is about as insane as trusting Hillary & Co. with our gun rights. They'll both sell us out to the highest bidder (Michael Bloomberg?) at the earliest opportunity. The only way to change that tide is to rise up (as gun owners did in 2013) and remind our politicians, with regularity, that we're a much larger voting bloc than they imagine we are, and that we will happily take our votes elsewhere if they get soft.

Mike
    source.gif

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    If we want this, us 2A advocates must be the sergeants with a pike at the back of our elected representatives should their resolve to represent us falter.
    blw_the_battle_of_fontenoy_1745-sgt.jpg

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Has the HPA or a similar bill been introduced in this years congress? I haven't been able to find one.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom