Is it frowned upon to use a silhouette Target on the rifle range ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have approximately 150 of them on hand and could care less if someone frowns.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I've heard of a range having an issue with a guy who put his mother-in-law's picture on a target, and I've heard of ranges not selling anything other than blank, colored silhouettes, i.e. no generic-photo bad-guy with a gun targets, no half-rotten zombies, no turban-wearing males with RPGs, etc.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I would rather use a grid target with an aiming point for rifle shooting, but use whatever you want. Someone else shouldn't tell you how to have fun.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    If you were at Honey Island, they dislike human shaped targets. Oddly enough, the RO's enjoy talking about how they will use their FAWTY FIVE in self defense.

4-6" Shoot-N-C Targets are headshot size.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Many years ago a friend made up a bunch of generic "divorce lawyer" targets. They were quite popular.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I shoot whatever type I have on hand . If someone is offended by a silhouette then they can leave or get over it . If the range has a rule against it then you decide .

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I shoot whatever type I have on hand . If someone is offended by a silhouette then they can leave or get over it . If the range has a rule against it then you decide .

That's what I do. With the exception of.
    Many years ago I went to Honey Island. Back then, my wife worked as manager of a Video Store. She would save up the cardboard standees and we would blast them with the AR's or 10/22's The Rp thought it was great till one day someone complanied.

Old Bubba

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    BRLA
    Really? I didn't think libtards went to gun ranges. Not a gun range I have ever gone to has ever frowned upon silhouette targets. If Honey Island has that problem I guess they won't get my business. Next PETA will try to ban deer silhouettes. Lord save us.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Really? I didn't think libtards went to gun ranges. Not a gun range I have ever gone to has ever frowned upon silhouette targets. If Honey Island has that problem I guess they won't get my business. Next PETA will try to ban deer silhouettes. Lord save us.

Also, don't shoot animal targets at Honey Island (even though their .22lr range has squirrel poppers).

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I use those targets. I don't really care what others think about the target I am shooting at. Life it too short to worry about petty things like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom