Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPR Rimfire

Marksman

User Info Menu

It was to windy to shoot at 100 yds, I was trying to find the best ammo for the new gun.

Since then I have taken a few squirrels out to 90 yds using the hash marks.

Still have some different ammo to test

Today is the last day for squirrel so hopefully I can get some this eve.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Tried some Eley ammo---Club, Match and Subsonic, all shot over 1/2" inch at 50yds

Marksman

User Info Menu

Well I have tried more types of ammo but nothing comes close to Federal Gold Medal MATCH. 5 shots at 50 yd

Also got a nice fox squirrel during this spring season at a measured 89 yards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180510_175248_resized.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	78007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180509_080610_resized.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	78008  
    Last edited by stinkysix; May 14th, 2018 at 10:19 AM.

Guns are my crack!!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I bought my RPR last week but havenít got to shoot it yet. I just ordered 20 boxes of SK Standard plus since my supply is running low.My Anschutz groups .110Ē at 50 yds and Iím hoping this rifle will come close. My thanks to the OP for running the test so I donít have to waste ammo.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

USPSA # A55195
    NRA # 138603535

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have not tried the SK ammo, let us know how it shoots

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Sniper View Post
    I bought my RPR last week but haven’t got to shoot it yet. I just ordered 20 boxes of SK Standard plus since my supply is running low.My Anschutz groups .110* at 50 yds and I’m hoping this rifle will come close. My thanks to the OP for running the test so I don’t have to waste ammo.
    How did it shoot?

Marksman

User Info Menu

one thing i love/hate about .22 rimfires is fitting the ammo to the gun.
    my sig/hammerli trailside loves wolf gold medal, (another Thanks for the SK info High Standard. I never knew it was the same as wolf).
    and a ruger single 6 i had shot best with rem thunder duds.

i had a 4" rossi da revolver that shot 3" groups no matter what brand.
    my marlin 60s loves agulia, and feeds the sss well.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Went to the range sunday with the RPR rimfire and I brought my Savage Mark 2 TR. The Savage has been my favorite 22 for the past several years and has taken many squirrel with Wolf Match ammo and CCI Suppressor ammo, both ammo will shoot under 1/2 in at 50 and around 1 in at 100. I never tried the Federal gold medal match ammo that the RPR rimfire likes so much until this weekend. Well I need more testing but the Savage loves the Fed match ammo.

I was taken my time between shots and was really excited about that 2nd group and was putting pressure on the 5th shot when someone that I did not notice came to my left side and started dumping an AR mag and I threw the 5th shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180918_101717.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	80454  
    Last edited by stinkysix; September 18th, 2018 at 09:52 AM.

User Info Menu

When did you buy it? I was thinking about buying one, but they seem to be hit and miss (no pun intended) accuracy wise. Some on other forums can't get them to shoot under 1" @ 50. The theory is that the bottom of the bolt is shaving lead off the next round in the mag. One guy even went to a Lilja barrel and still isn't getting the groups you are.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I bought I believe in feb 2018, it was one of the first ones Jim's got in. I have not shot it much as I have bought a CZ 455 in the Manners stock last December that I have been playing with.