Campus Carry in LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I'm organizing and training college students across the state for a campus carry push this upcoming legislative training. If you or someone you know is attending college in the state reach out to me to join the fight. We have groups at LSU, LSUS, Nicholls, BPCC, and ULL on board already but all of them need more manpower. I am in critical need of leaders on other college campuses so we can get petitions signed and bring educational speakers to those schools.

You can PM me here or via the FB page we have created.

https://www.facebook.com/Louisiana-Campus-Carry-Coalition-492469421148487/?ref=br_rs

Even if you aren't in college you can join our FB page and sign the petition supporting the legislation as a LA voter.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Thanks for the info leadslinger. Do you know any of the trainers working on this? I'd like to talk with them. See if we could work together. We have several state reps and some sheriffs on board and we're well on our way to our goal of 1000 petition signatures. Our bill should drop the first day of session, March 12th.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I saw a guy outside of the LSU Union yesterday asking students if they support the 2nd amendment. Was that someone you're affiliated with, or just a random dude?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Thanks for the info leadslinger. Do you know any of the trainers working on this? I'd like to talk with them. See if we could work together. We have several state reps and some sheriffs on board and we're well on our way to our goal of 1000 petition signatures. Our bill should drop the first day of session, March 12th.

Brannon Lebouef is one of them.

Best bet is to call the St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center and ask if he's available.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Yah Austin! That was me. Blonde guy wearing a guns save lives button. I was originally set to be in Shreveport but it was storming so I went to LSU. we could use another volunteer at that campus. We average about 20 signatures per hour at LSU but need several hundred more from that campus. We are focusing on LSU since it is our largest school and it's near the Capitol so we can get students to go during the legislative debate and for photo ops with reps and senators. Would you be able to volunteer to do some sign ups over the next couple of weeks?

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Thanks leadslinger. I actually messaged him on fb about being a part of a panel to speak at a few universities. He'll be at LSU 3/13 talking campus carry along with Sen. Elbert Guillory and, hopefully, Rep. julie Emerson.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yah Austin! That was me. Blonde guy wearing a guns save lives button. I was originally set to be in Shreveport but it was storming so I went to LSU. we could use another volunteer at that campus. We average about 20 signatures per hour at LSU but need several hundred more from that campus. We are focusing on LSU since it is our largest school and it's near the Capitol so we can get students to go during the legislative debate and for photo ops with reps and senators. Would you be able to volunteer to do some sign ups over the next couple of weeks?

That's funny, I figured it might be you. What was with the X's on your hands?

We were in a bit of a rush to get back to a meeting, but I was in a group of three guys all wearing purple LSU polos.

I'd love to help, but I won't have time over the coming months. Keep it up though! I'd recommend having a sign or something made that is Pro-2a. We weren't 100% sure if you were asking about the 2nd amendment in a good, or bad way. Also, over the past years, I have seen guys wearing empty holsters...I hope y'all don't do that. It attracts negative attention.

Austin

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks leadslinger. I actually messaged him on fb about being a part of a panel to speak at a few universities. He'll be at LSU 3/13 talking campus carry along with Sen. Elbert Guillory and, hopefully, Rep. julie Emerson.

Is this a public event?

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    It will be a public event. The empty holster protest is common in the movement and is meant to start conversations. We hope to get some signage and swag soon

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It will be a public event. The empty holster protest is common in the movement and is meant to start conversations. We hope to get some signage and swag soon

It's a bad idea and generates negative attention...just like the OC idiots at Starbucks.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I'm at LSU today until 2. Have everyone you know come by free speech alley to sign up in support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom