When It Happens??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BO_V

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Does anyone believe there will ever be a total gun ban, partial ban (AR's, high cap mags)?
    Nope
    I don't believe that will happen here in Louisiana
    We all know that CA has done that

I remember when I bought my AR15 in 2002 there was a partial ban on the collapseical stocks and the bayonet lug. I think there was something else but I don't remember

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    A complete ban would be hard... considering there are 8 million AR-15s in the United States (thats a lot of "Grandfathered in" rifles). Even so, there will always be an alternative... look at what Troy produced for California to make the AR legal. Look at the stubbie shotguns that do not fall under any guidelines that are now legal. They will never OUTLAW firearms. Not unless they did away with the constitution.

I love the argument that "These are the weapons that the forefathers had when the wrote the constitution"... when the military and government had those same weapons. The basis for the constitution was to level the playing field for civilians and government (military) in the event of a government where the people needed to fight back. The times have advanced... as have the military firearms... as should those available to the people. Period.

I think you will see the background checks expanded... I also think they should enact several restrictions... so if anything happens again, everyone can say "What did you accomplish"?

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    Kingfshb,

I am afraid you are falling into the gun grabber's trap. Today they want expanded background checks, which won't accomplish anything, since most recent active killers are passing background checks or stealing their firearms from family members. Then when expanded background checks don't work to stop the next nut, they will want MSR's banned, then normal capacity magazines, then shooter will go back to Glocks (ala VA Tech) and they will want to ban all semi-auto, then you might be left with a bolt action hunting rifle, which inevitablythey will go after, then you will be back to the musket of 1775.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I haven't researched any of this, but it also seems that most of these nutjobs purchased commercially or obtained illegally, as opposed to a private transfer. I haven't heard of any recent mass shooters wher the media jumped on private sales, which is good, of course. And then there was that sting someone was talking about a few weeks ago, where it seems like we police our private sales pretty well.

Pocket

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Sewanee, TN
    Nope
    I don't believe that will happen here in Louisiana
    We all know that CA has done that

I remember when I bought my AR15 in 2002 there was a partial ban on the collapseical stocks and the bayonet lug. I think there was something else but I don't remember

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    The evil flash suppressor!

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Kingfshb,

I am afraid you are falling into the gun grabber's trap. Today they want expanded background checks, which won't accomplish anything, since most recent active killers are passing background checks or stealing their firearms from family members. Then when expanded background checks don't work to stop the next nut, they will want MSR's banned, then normal capacity magazines, then shooter will go back to Glocks (ala VA Tech) and they will want to ban all semi-auto, then you might be left with a bolt action hunting rifle, which inevitablythey will go after, then you will be back to the musket of 1775.

What do they mean "expanded background checks". Everyone has to go throough a federal information system to purchase a firearm unless they buy through private sales.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    What do they mean "expanded background checks". Everyone has to go throough a federal information system to purchase a firearm unless they buy through private sales.

Probably more mandatory mental health reporting or expanded mental health records checks. The checks on the LE side are already pretty comprehensive.

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Kingfshb,

Oh believe me... I strongly believe none of it will accomplish anything. What I'm trying to say is, part of me wants to just give in just to say "I told you so" when it solves nothing. It's hypothetical... not that I want them to implement anything. I can see how reading that last part would sound that way... but I am not for any of it! lol. It was more of a "I wish they would so we could say SEE???", not a "I WISH THEY WOULD!".

- - - Updated - - -

They want to expand them to private sales also.

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Probably more mandatory mental health reporting or expanded mental health records checks. The checks on the LE side are already pretty comprehensive.

This is troublesome... because most people don't look at the whole picture when they say "Mental Health"... this could be anyone that takes meds with mental health side effects... it could be a VERY WIDE range of things... if you take ADHD meds... if you have ever suffered from depression... I mean a HUGE list.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There was a line added to the rear of the 4473 to make this possible at the beginning of 2017. When you call in your NICS checks one of the mandatory questions is "type of transaction". They have paved the way for this to happen for a couple of years now. If you add 2+2 You will never get 5. If you take all of the evidence into account ,on the preparation that our .gov has put in place over the past couple of years, you can only come up with one answer. This is part of a plan with a well thought out outcome.

Keep your eyes open at all times, for your enemy never sleeps nor will he give you quarter if you're found lacking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    ar137407108647685.jpg

I'll be sipping on my iced tea, when it happens.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Probably not. Most of the people screaming the loudest were already anti-gun in the first place.

One thing on our side is this is coming from the same political ideology that's trying to hijack the spirit of "common sense"- while being confused about which bathroom they should use. :rolleyes:

Gamma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    I don't see how there could be a way to make mental health exams required. I think the area they'd improve upon is integrating mental health records with gun purchasing, if they ever found a way to work around HIPAA.

Top Bottom