We are all going to be a LOT SAFER

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • met7881

Former Yankee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    mandeville,La.
    Trump announced that he want's to ban Bump stocks. Now I can sleep better knowing that no more mass shootings will occur. See how simple this was...............

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Curious if people with these products will be grandfathered in? Or will we have to hide them in the closet and never let them see the light of day?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    So how does a bump stock convert an AR15 into a "machine gun"? Still fires one round per trigger pull. BATFE gave bump stocks a blessing long time ago.

Trump hasn't a clue as to how a machine gun or an M16 really function. Nor his advisers either apparently.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    That's a great question, I'm curious that myself?

Based on what has happened before, they can not force you to turn in your personal property. Any bump stocks will most likely be grandfathered, but I'll bet they will go under the NFA. They will handle it just like they did with the DIAS, Lightening Links, Street Sweeper, etc. Rule it "not sporting" and add it to the NFA. Engrave a serial number and your name and do a tax free "transfer". Will they be transferable or not remains to be seen.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    *Any device* hmmm... red dots, vert grips, slings? And talking about raising the age of ownership. This is going to get very interesting. Sad part is none will have an effect on evil people doing evil deeds. Saw this morning a re-enactment group was told to use sticks instead of guns. Wow

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    My concern is that this starts us down a slippery slope. What's next?

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    There should be regulation on what dumb useless crap is allowed to be developed for the platform. Keep all the garbage and "novelty" items out. If you want that trash, buy an airsoft rifle and load it out. But keep the nutsack forward grip, the bump stocks, etc. in their own environment. Don't pollute the AR platform with that kind of trash.

Any platform really.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    There should be regulation on what dumb useless crap is allowed to be developed for the platform. Keep all the garbage and "novelty" items out. If you want that trash, buy an airsoft rifle and load it out. But keep the nutsack forward grip, the bump stocks, etc. in their own environment. Don't pollute the AR platform with that kind of trash.

Any platform really.

When did thee join the left?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    When did thee join the left?

He's right.

Bump stocks, pistol braces, non-NFA "firearms," and that stupid Reformation rifle are all workarounds to laws set in place. The way to fix that is repealing the laws, not building gimmicky parts to skirt the law.

They can ban bump stocks and I'll smile while they do it, because the most folks buying them for hundreds of dollars are the same folks who think firearms education is unimportant, because they have "been shooting all their life."

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    He's right.

Bump stocks, pistol braces, non-NFA "firearms," and that stupid Reformation rifle are all workarounds to laws set in place. The way to fix that is repealing the laws, not building gimmicky parts to skirt the law.

They can ban bump stocks and I'll smile while they do it, because the most folks buying them for hundreds of dollars are the same folks who think firearms education is unimportant, because they have "been shooting all their life."

So what next? I like Oscar Myer wieners and you like Hormel, You want to ban my wieners?

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    It has nothing to do with left or right... don't make someone who doesn't feel the same way 100% as you do a "LEFTIST". I'm an NRA Benefactor member... I 100% support the 2nd amendment and the right to possess every firearm I own.

Its about quality and integrity of the platform... I'm just tired of all the garbage that anyone and everyone wants to throw at the rifle/pistol. I just don't get it. Bump stocks derived from rubber bands and belt loops... sure, it's fun to **** away $100 in ammo in 5 minutes... for some! Some of the garbage that threatens the very existence of the platform is just these idiots sitting around saying "What can I create to skirt the existing law and get away with something without having to pay the taxes????"

All it serves to do is draw attention to a subject that is criticized simply for it's looks anyway. Keep your garbage "add-ons" off the table and let me have my AR-15. Notice I am saying GARBAGE products.

You can keep your weenie.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    This pretty much sums it all up perfectly. Words from one of our nation's founding fathers, and our first POTUS. AR15s versus M16s. I need some sort of equalizer, an edge. And a large portion of our populous would like the government to confiscate my AR 15 at that!

x6ud3b0tjvuasbgefubd.jpg

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    So what next? I like Oscar Myer wieners and you like Hormel, You want to ban my wieners?

You seem to like wieners.

It has nothing to do with left or right... don't make someone who doesn't feel the same way 100% as you do a "LEFTIST". I'm an NRA Benefactor member... I 100% support the 2nd amendment and the right to possess every firearm I own.

Its about quality and integrity of the platform... I'm just tired of all the garbage that anyone and everyone wants to throw at the rifle/pistol. I just don't get it. Bump stocks derived from rubber bands and belt loops... sure, it's fun to **** away $100 in ammo in 5 minutes... for some! Some of the garbage that threatens the very existence of the platform is just these idiots sitting around saying "What can I create to skirt the existing law and get away with something without having to pay the taxes????"

All it serves to do is draw attention to a subject that is criticized simply for it's looks anyway. Keep your garbage "add-ons" off the table and let me have my AR-15. Notice I am saying GARBAGE products.

You can keep your weenie.

+1

Don't forget the adjustable "brace" that uses a carbine buffer tube...

SHOT201836.jpg

Top Bottom