We are all going to be a LOT SAFER

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've been saying it for a while now, but it bears repeating: if you thought Trump was anything other than a fair weather friend to gun owners, you're delusional. He pandered to gun owners in order to get votes. Yes, he was a better choice than Clinton. But it should have been obvious that he'd sell us up the river if he thought he could benefit from it. This should not be a surprising development in the least. Frankly, I'm only surprised that it's just bump stocks on the table.

Please, tell me all about the 8d interdimensional blindfolded chess he's playing or whatever mental gymnastics you need to do to convince yourself that he's not just another professional bullshitter politician. You MAGA folks still think he'll be around for all 8 years? What kind of bans do you think he'll support in that time?

Don't get me wrong, I voted for him and I don't apologize for it. But I also didn't think he'd repeal the NFA or any of that other fantasy land BS people thought he'd do when they held him up as a champion of gun rights.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It has nothing to do with left or right... don't make someone who doesn't feel the same way 100% as you do a "LEFTIST". I'm an NRA Benefactor member... I 100% support the 2nd amendment and the right to possess every firearm I own.

Its about quality and integrity of the platform... I'm just tired of all the garbage that anyone and everyone wants to throw at the rifle/pistol. I just don't get it. Bump stocks derived from rubber bands and belt loops... sure, it's fun to **** away $100 in ammo in 5 minutes... for some! Some of the garbage that threatens the very existence of the platform is just these idiots sitting around saying "What can I create to skirt the existing law and get away with something without having to pay the taxes????"

All it serves to do is draw attention to a subject that is criticized simply for it's looks anyway. Keep your garbage "add-ons" off the table and let me have my AR-15. Notice I am saying GARBAGE products.

You can keep your weenie.

Here's the problem your "solution" is creating. Who gets to decide what is garbage and what isn't? Do we only get to keep what everyone agrees is not garbage? Some would say standard capacity (30 round) AR mags are garbage so they are gone. Some say pistol grips are garbage so you just lost those. Whether you like the products or not, they are legal products within the definition of the laws. They aren't skirting the law and getting away with something without having to pay taxes on it. Taxes aren't paid on the items because the items don't require taxes. The new SB Tactical adjustable brace that resembles a split stock with a strap to hold it on the arm isn't a stock according to the people who enforce the laws. Is that skirting the law? Or is that creating a product consistent with the current laws in place? Troy Industries has a Pump Action Rifle that complies with the laws in freedom hating states like California. Is that skirting the law?

But I do partially agree with leadslinger972 or Dave 2.0 or just Dave as I guess he prefers in that the way to fix things is repealing the laws. I just believe the "gimmicky" stuff serves a purpose in showing the law is pointless.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I've been saying it for a while now, but it bears repeating: if you thought Trump was anything other than a fair weather friend to gun owners, you're delusional. He pandered to gun owners in order to get votes. Yes, he was a better choice than Clinton. But it should have been obvious that he'd sell us up the river if he thought he could benefit from it. This should not be a surprising development in the least. Frankly, I'm only surprised that it's just bump stocks on the table.

Please, tell me all about the 8d interdimensional blindfolded chess he's playing or whatever mental gymnastics you need to do to convince yourself that he's not just another professional bullshitter politician. You MAGA folks still think he'll be around for all 8 years? What kind of bans do you think he'll support in that time?

Don't get me wrong, I voted for him and I don't apologize for it. But I also didn't think he'd repeal the NFA or any of that other fantasy land BS people thought he'd do when they held him up as a champion of gun rights.

He's a businessman. If guns become bad for business, he'll nix them faster than Michael Jordan's baseball career.

The NRA's favorite black puppet was the one who said "Chess not Checkers." The NRA is as much to blame for this fiasco as the current administration is.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Here's the problem your "solution" is creating. Who gets to decide what is garbage and what isn't? Do we only get to keep what everyone agrees is not garbage? Some would say standard capacity (30 round) AR mags are garbage so they are gone. Some say pistol grips are garbage so you just lost those. Whether you like the products or not, they are legal products within the definition of the laws. They aren't skirting the law and getting away with something without having to pay taxes on it. Taxes aren't paid on the items because the items don't require taxes. The new SB Tactical adjustable brace that resembles a split stock with a strap to hold it on the arm isn't a stock according to the people who enforce the laws. Is that skirting the law? Or is that creating a product consistent with the current laws in place? Troy Industries has a Pump Action Rifle that complies with the laws in freedom hating states like California. Is that skirting the law?

But I do partially agree with leadslinger972 or Dave 2.0 or just Dave as I guess he prefers in that the way to fix things is repealing the laws. I just believe the "gimmicky" stuff serves a purpose in showing the law is pointless.

I see where you're coming from... and I mentioned the Troy rifle above. Oh and OF COURSE I agree with the SB Tactical stock for my MPX!!! lol...

Now, that being said... I think that if the president in an attempt at transparency wants to eliminate bump stocks... so be it. I don't see it as a segway to confiscation or even other restrictions. I think its a wise choice actually... no one is screaming to ban bump stocks anymore... they are all on the AR-15 train. I think banning bump stocks (a novelty item) takes the focus off the AR and other issues. Then when/if something else happens, the government can say "We did something, and nothing changed... see!! we told you so!!!".

I am looking at it as a means to prove an "I TOLD YOU SO" to all those screaming that MORE gun laws will solve the problem. Which of course we all know they won't.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany

The gimmicky stuff should have never been designed in the first place.

Looking back at the history of pistol braces, SB Tactical started the trend with Sig Sauer. Shortly after there were clones and other "braces," such as the Shockwave Blade and GHW Tailhook. SB Tactical found a way to skirt the law and others saw an open market where they could enjoy a fat slice of the pie. Fast forward to 2016/2017 when everyone is panicking about White Letters and ATF Approval, and you see the same companies pushing the buttons of the ATF while they are under review. Recently, at SHOT 2018, GHW released an adjustable Tailhook "brace" that utilizes a Carbine Receiver Extension. If you were to build a "pistol" with a 12" barrel and put a lower on that had a carbine/rifle buffer tube, you would have built a rifle, as it is able to readily accept a rifle stock. GHW can claim they only built the brace, and be in the clear while hundreds if not thousands just assembled an illegal SBR.

If the NFA were never enacted, we wouldn't have testicle shaped foregrips.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I see where you're coming from... and I mentioned the Troy rifle above. Oh and OF COURSE I agree with the SB Tactical stock for my MPX!!! lol...

Now, that being said... I think that if the president in an attempt at transparency wants to eliminate bump stocks... so be it. I don't see it as a segway to confiscation or even other restrictions. I think its a wise choice actually... no one is screaming to ban bump stocks anymore... they are all on the AR-15 train. I think banning bump stocks (a novelty item) takes the focus off the AR and other issues. Then when/if something else happens, the government can say "We did something, and nothing changed... see!! we told you so!!!".

I am looking at it as a means to prove an "I TOLD YOU SO" to all those screaming that MORE gun laws will solve the problem. Which of course we all know they won't.

Yes...you and I know more gun laws won't solve the problem. But the reply will be "how will we know if we don't try? Banning bump stocks didn't fix the problem because it wasn't enough." The guy in Vegas had multiple 100 round SureFire magazines as well. High capacity magazines are gimmicky anyway. I think that if the president in an attempt at transparency wants to eliminate magazines over 10 rounds... so be it. I don't see it as a segway to confiscation or even other restrictions.

For the record, I think bump stocks are dumb. They're just commercial products born out of homemade tinkering.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The gimmicky stuff should have never been designed in the first place.

Maybe not. But it was. And they're legal.

Looking back at the history of pistol braces, SB Tactical started the trend with Sig Sauer. Shortly after there were clones and other "braces," such as the Shockwave Blade and GHW Tailhook. SB Tactical found a way to skirt the law and others saw an open market where they could enjoy a fat slice of the pie. Fast forward to 2016/2017 when everyone is panicking about White Letters and ATF Approval, and you see the same companies pushing the buttons of the ATF while they are under review. Recently, at SHOT 2018, GHW released an adjustable Tailhook "brace" that utilizes a Carbine Receiver Extension. If you were to build a "pistol" with a 12" barrel and put a lower on that had a carbine/rifle buffer tube, you would have built a rifle, as it is able to readily accept a rifle stock. GHW can claim they only built the brace, and be in the clear while hundreds if not thousands just assembled an illegal SBR.

If the NFA were never enacted, we wouldn't have testicle shaped foregrips.

And now SB Tactical has a brace that uses a mil-spec carbine receiver extension. In fact, the brace even comes with it.
    https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sba3/

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans

Agreed. I personally think bump stocks are a colossal waste and a stupid cheap thrill. Letting the gun haters have this ban will only encourage them. They want to ban AR-15s and pretty much all guns already anyway. They will take what they can get now and come back for more next time they see an opportunity. Their "compromise" is just an incremental approach to banning everything. Just look to New York and Maryland for examples where they have gotten their way.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

USA! USA! USA!

28059259_2345665075459397_3575006064869145429_n.jpg

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I have to say I agree with leadslinger972 and kingfhb on this.

But moreover, be careful for exactly what the libtards are doing here.....they are setting Trump to lose his NRA backing. Trump is a smart guy -- if he does nothing he is an ass-clown and the media will have a field day. If he imposes some sort of (insert meaningless feel good change here) he is off the hook. To me it's like mom and dad taking away your least favorite Xbox game but you still get to play with all the rest of them.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany

But moreover, be careful for exactly what the libtards are doing here.....they are setting Trump to lose his NRA backing. Trump is a smart guy -- if he does nothing he is an ass-clown and the media will have a field day. If he imposes some sort of (insert meaningless feel good change here) he is off the hook. To me it's like mom and dad taking away your least favorite Xbox game but you still get to play with all the rest of them.

+1

:hi5:

reelkaos

Rookie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Springfield

For now.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I said it before and I'll say it again: Trump is only marginally less scary than Hillary Clinton when it comes to the second amendment. They're both rich New Englanders that would throw us under a bus in a New York minute if they thought it was politically advantageous to them.

Mind you, the NRA was also ready to throw us under the bus over bump stocks, so who can we trust anymore?

Mike

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I said it before and I'll say it again: Trump is only marginally less scary than Hillary Clinton when it comes to the second amendment. They're both rich New Englanders that would throw us under a bus in a New York minute if they thought it was politically advantageous to them.

Mind you, the NRA was also ready to throw us under the bus over bump stocks, so who can we trust anymore?

Mike

No matter what your ideology, methodology, or political affiliation is, you WILL be met by someone who disagrees with you. Sometimes the people you agree with, change their ideology and methodology. The NRA and this administration feel that giving an inch keeps them away from the mile. I don't personally care for bump stocks, nor do I care if they were banned, but I do agree it's a doorway to stricter gun control.

Just remember this, the NRA helped draft the GCA and NFA, then decades later they sang a different tune. Now we see that they are pushing for more gun control again. What changed?

simplepeddler

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Saint Amant
    What's your favorite brand of aluminum foil?

Not really that far fetched...........I mean who would have dreamed we would take prayer and the pledge out of schools and put transgender bathrooms in.........it's about taking away them things we cling to.............like guns and bibles.......

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom