Here is a great deal while they last:

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Arrived yesterday. Mounted on my .450 Bushmaster rifle. We shall see how she holds up to a pounding. Really nice glass and quality. Would be a value at twice the price, considering the equivalent Aimpoint goes for $400+. Labeled blems because the 3 NVG settings are too bright, otherwise brand new.

quxkdky95a1pn8fnhgc.jpg

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Which mount is that ?

That is one of a pair Burris Extreme Tactical extra high 30mm scope rings I had in my box of spare parts. Works perfect. Their item # 420166. I purchased an Aimsports cantilever mount off ebay last night for $15 delivered. No doubt that will work too, and much cheaper. I've used Aimsports before, cheap but work well. Link below. PA has a variety of cantilever mounts too, but much more dollars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aim-Sports-30MM-Cantilever-Scope-Mount/272703395756?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

PA's mount appears to be a bit higher quality than the Aimsport, only $15 more plus shipping. Or free ship if you order their red dot too. PA mount was out of stock 2 days ago. now in stock.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-high-cantilever-30mm-mount-pahicant

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I'm curious if that will actually hold up on a .450 BM.

It's not even close to Aimpoint quality, I can assure you, but I wonder how it stacks up to Holosun/Vortex/Sig. I'm not sure if that PA RDS is also made by Holosun or not, but the PA Micros are.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I'm curious if that will actually hold up on a .450 BM.

It's not even close to Aimpoint quality, I can assure you, but I wonder how it stacks up to Holosun/Vortex/Sig. I'm not sure if that PA RDS is also made by Holosun or not, but the PA Micros are.

How can you state its not Aimpoint quality if you don't own or have not used a PA 30mm red dot extensively?

I have a Holosun too. Hasn't disappointed me yet.
    Been wanting to purchase their equivalent of the EoTech, but i have not yet. The Holosun has been receiving good ratings, some saying better than the EoTech. Some guys own both brands and prefer the Holosun.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    How can you state its not Aimpoint quality if you don't own or have not used a PA 30mm red dot extensively?

Because I have... FYI, Primary Arms doesn't make any of their optics. They are just an OEM distributor. The Holosun manufactured PA optics are good for the money. Some of their lower prices magnified optics are poor quality.

You people and your assumptions.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    And these PA 30mm red dot blems have their lifetime warranty. PA has great CS. Its a win win imo, why i shared it here.

I know PA doesn't make their products here. KO somewhere in China, but PA specs no doubt. Whatever.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    And I will add i did order a PA 1-4 rifle scope about 1.5 years ago. The glass sucked so i returned it for a full refund. No problem with PA. Next door in TX. They even sent me a return shipping label.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    quxkdky95a1pn8fnhgc.jpg

An update on my 30mm PA red dot on my .450 Bushmaster AR15 16" carbine. No problem with the red dot itself, but the mount will not hold up to the 450 BM recoil. After 2 range trips and approx 50 rounds, that single piccatinny clamp mount just won't cut it. Can't keep it tight, keeps rattling loose. Today after 12 rounds.

Just an FYI for anybody searching.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom