SB Tactical Pistol Braces - New SBA3 vs SBPDW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    When did you order? Brownells doenst give a date, I hate ordering without a date, I ordered from optics planet $118 7-14 days "they say"

Last edited:

Ben Karns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 2, 2017
    Covington, LA
    Perfect for a rainy day, came in a few days early!

I gotta say the cheek weld is something I wasn't expecting, it's perfect IMO, very comfortable the few times I brought it to my face. Similar to Magpul STR.

And yes it'll fit milspec buffer tubes
    7226f2c916c045316db58622e89f4026.jpg
    8c00ba95cf1598c3486b9d8f17432c89.jpg
    523707c1e821db69cd000aea9b35c8a1.jpg
    ca744e359c7d63c49c5c86aab78b5166.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I would have to dissagree... Don't get me wrong I LOVE MY SBR's and suppressors but if I could do it over again with the new ATF letters and new style of braces, I would deff spend $100-$200 on a brace instead of waiting 11 month and and paying $200 and then engraving a lower and then having to fill out an approval form to cross state lines with somthing I spent so much time and paperwork on just to make sure I was legit....

Braces are good for people who travel often.

SBR's are mo betta, regardless of what you think about the tax.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      240.6 KB · Views: 154
    Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Ohh I agree, but I love being able to fold the brace and throw the scorpion in the truck and cross state lines anytime I want like to the beach, or to visit family in oaklahoma, Texas ect... Nothing else I have is that compact with that capacity and potential.... I don't always have 2-3 weeks to wait to get a letter back to take my sbrs with me
    X2.

Sometime ya just gotta have that stock. Like the CZ scorpion. I really like the factory look as far as the stock goes.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have the PDW version. It kinda looks cool, but is also underwhelming. I was expecting it to collapse a little more than it does.

Here it is on my 22lr plinker

AvAFGAK.jpg

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Braces are good for people who travel often.

SBR's are mo betta, regardless of what you think about the tax.

Gov't paperwork is good for nothing, regardless what you think about SBRs...

Braces are a work around for sure. I really do not see why anyone would bother doing paperwork for an SBR with the available brace choices...

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    100% agreed

Another good example of a nfa alternative is the Tac 14 12 gauge "weapon"

Got this idea from Suarez International, his pointman mod of the Tac 14.

Purchased for $317 plus the $25 dollar ffl fee. Instead of spending 200 bucks on the stamp plus some sort of stock or adapter and ar stock/grip combo, I bought the choate side folder hinge assy, a magpul ak grip, sb tactical SOB brace and a generic pistol buffer tube.

non nfa
    Choate hinge, $100
    Magpul ak grip $20
    SB tactical SOB brace $100
    Pistol buffer tube $20
    total $240

nfa
    Stamp $200
    Ergo or tacstar adapter $30
    ar grip $20
    ar stock $??? figure 50 to 100 bucks or more?
    total 250 plus the stock so 300 to 350...

And the wait times on that stamp... priceless!!!!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Plus, not that I'm in the market just to trade/resale ect... If I get tired of a "sbr" and wish to sell it, I know it's not hard at all to take it off your trust but the value of a gun or lower is drastically hit because of your trust info engraved in it, yes you could pay to get that removed, ect but I know I wouldn't buy a firearm with sombodys trust info engraved in it unless it's a super killer price... That's why I sbr'ed 2 of my ar lowers, they are the most versitale in caliber swap, barrel length swap,complete upper swap, configuration out there without a doubt.... stripped they are worth $50, so worst case senerio I keep all my extras off of lower and just count the $50 lower a wash. If you go to sbr'ing say a scorpion or ump or mp5 ect, you are likely to spend more money to get them back to a "pistol" config, or a long wait time for sombody to buy it as an NFA item

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    At worst Bump stocks will be like the old high capacity mag ban, can't buy them new unless you are law enforcement, you can buy,sell,trade used "personal" all you want, and possess them, just can't buy them new from a store front. same thing as with the legal "bath salts and mojo" as soon as the "ban" it, they simply changed one thing about it or the name or the chemical make up and it was legal again and then they ban the new formula and they change it again. There are prob 20,000 plus bump stocks sold not including the older "hell fire" and "gat triggers" and many others that would have to fall into the same situation... that's a big fish to fry that the gov isn't looking to cook, its just a scare tactic I think, then they would have to ban bump firing with your semi auto and a belt loop on your pants :mamoru:
    I haven't sold a firearm in a looonnnggg time.

I'm okay with NFA items.

I'm hoping braces don't end up like bump stocks will.

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I haven't sold a firearm in a looonnnggg time.

I'm okay with NFA items.

I'm hoping braces don't end up like bump stocks will.

Me too. I buy and sell and trade quite a bit, mainly to test drive the unknown.

I had not thought about the sale end of nfa items, makes sense that they are kind of married to their owner.

I am still waiting on my A3...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom