Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Huh?

User Info Menu

We use Hulu with live streaming add on and we don’t miss cable a single bit. The one channel it’s doesn’t have that the wife misses is hallmark this time of year for Christmas shows. We subscribe to that for a couple months each fall to fill that for her.
    SVTFreak

On Target

User Info Menu

I'm just streaming now... Netflix, Disney +, etc...

Oldie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Antenna in the attic, Amazon Prime and Sling. All good.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." T. Roosevelt

God Bless & Help America

Marksman

User Info Menu

Reading is fundamental.

The OP posted almost 2 years ago and said she had crappy satellite internet service, so all the internet streaming suggestions are pretty much unhelpful. Hopefully, in the last 2 years she has found something that works.
    "Incrementalism" is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is a negotiation term that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson

Marksman

User Info Menu

I read your post and was like what??????? I went back and looked at dates and saw that someone necro'd the topic last month and I didn't even realize it when I posted as I was only looking at new posts and assumed it was recent. DOH!!!! But yeah not a lot of people caught that the OP doesn't have a good ISP connection and all suggested streaming...... Hopefully you all out there are keeping an eye on StarLink. Should hopefully be out of beta sometime next year and have service to more people that are cut off. Initial testing and posts from people in the beta are showing good latency and throughput.

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post
    I read your post and was like what??????? I went back and looked at dates and saw that someone necro'd the topic last month and I didn't even realize it when I posted as I was only looking at new posts and assumed it was recent. DOH!!!! But yeah not a lot of people caught that the OP doesn't have a good ISP connection and all suggested streaming...... Hopefully you all out there are keeping an eye on StarLink. Should hopefully be out of beta sometime next year and have service to more people that are cut off. Initial testing and posts from people in the beta are showing good latency and throughput.
    I'm looking forward to starlink. I need it where I'm at. Curious to see what their data limits will be and adverse weather connectivity.

User Info Menu

Been trying out You Tube Tv. So far so good

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandman7925 View Post
    I'm looking forward to starlink. I need it where I'm at. Curious to see what their data limits will be and adverse weather connectivity.
    OP here....never did find a good alternative.
    I hadn't heard of Starlink, but now I'll be watching its progress!

Marksman

User Info Menu

I searched last night and from what I found snow is no issue but rain might be. I couldn't find a definitive answer only guesses as most of the posts were from before the beta trial.

From what I understand it will be ~$500 for the dish install kit. ~$100/month for service. I read that they are not going to impose limits but IDK for sure.