Liberty Safe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    For those that own a Liberty Safe: Are you happy with it and would you buy another one?

And for anyone that used Mike Ward's Liberty Safes: How was the service?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Mike Ward's is good to go, but hindsight is 20/20 and I wish I had bought a Cannon safe instead.

Their service is top notch. They delivered and installed the safe fairly cheap.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Mike Ward's is good to go, but hindsight is 20/20 and I wish I had bought a Cannon safe instead.

I have a Cannon . My first one went under 4 feet of water in the 2016 flood . I called them up , the guy said to send him some pictures . They shipped me a new larger model free of charge . Can't complain about that .

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I have a Cannon . My first one went under 4 feet of water in the 2016 flood . I called them up , the guy said to send him some pictures . They shipped me a new larger model free of charge . Can't complain about that .

Having been through floods, that's one major reason I wish I bought a Cannon.

The other reason is after learning about the different locks, construction methods, and seeing the different sales. I could have bought a much larger Cannon with a better lock cheaper than I paid for the Liberty.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have one and it has been 100%

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Liberty - Presidential & Lincoln.

In my opinion they are the best for security, very well built and heavy.

In buying a safe - you get what you pay for. Buy for less and you will get less. It all depends on what the contents in the safe means to you.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    No problems at all with my Liberty safe. Very good service with Mike Wards, both times we bought safes were loaded on a trailer for the trip to Lafayette.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I had a liberty safe and 2 Cannon Safes during the Flood of 2016. Cannon replaced my safes with no problem, liberty wouldn't warranty their safe nor would they even work with me about getting the proper safe information for my insurance claim. Mike Ward's is a fantastic local business but as far as Liberty's customer service, I will say that I was dissatisfied. Cannon on the other hand was probably one of the best customer service correspondents that I have ever had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs

Same here... mine took on about 2 feet of water. I didn't even realize they had a warranty the covered floods until a month or so after the flood. Called them up, they requested safe info and pics. I really didn't think much else of it, and about a month later they call and said my safe was discontinued and they would be upgrading me a nicer model at no charge. The safe was delivered around November or so, about 2 months after the flood. My house wasn't even finished being rebuilt yet.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Same here... mine took on about 2 feet of water. I didn't even realize they had a warranty the covered floods until a month or so after the flood. Called them up, they requested safe info and pics. I really didn't think much else of it, and about a month later they call and said my safe was discontinued and they would be upgrading me a nicer model at no charge. The safe was delivered around November or so, about 2 months after the flood. My house wasn't even finished being rebuilt yet.
    My exact same scenario .

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Top notch service at Mike Ward's, I put a deposit down on my safe in July of 16 and paid it off in September 16, but due to construction delays I couldn't take delivery for almost a year. They kept it free of charge, and even had to move it to the new location, with no complaints other than a phone call every so often to check in. They delivered it into a room with the bare minimum of clearance with no fuss. Not sure if this matters to all, but they are very supportive of LEO's as well.

I got a Fatboy Jr, no complaints at all with it.

I did ask them about the warranty issue, apparently Liberties view is that they warranty against the typical hazards; fire and break-in. In areas with flood concerns there should be a home flood policy that would cover the safe and contents. Ward's claimed they were discounting repair costs for flooded folks, but idk if that was true or not.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have a Liberty safe and it has been great. When I buy a new one I will most likely buy Liberty again or possibly go with Browning because I really like the way they have their patented interior door storage that holds long guns and much more.

If you are ever in the Bogalusa area you should really go walk through Fane Safe Company's showroom. There you can see lots of different safes in stock.
    http://www.fanesafecompany.com/

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    It is true, at least in my case, Liberty did discount my flooded safe, I think it was a little below dealer cost for a new one

Did you get one like the range safe?

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I own both Cannon and Liberty. Had to replace the electronic lock on the Cannon, twice! First time wasn’t so bad because I had the door open. Second time, had to cut a hole in the back to be able to get to the lock. It now has a mechanical lock.
    The Liberty is also a much heavier safe with a better fire rating.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I own both Cannon and Liberty. Had to replace the electronic lock on the Cannon, twice! First time wasn’t so bad because I had the door open. Second time, had to cut a hole in the back to be able to get to the lock. It now has a mechanical lock.
    The Liberty is also a much heavier safe with a better fire rating.
    That doesn't make sense . The "lock" is on the outside .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom