Ruger American Rimfire 8351

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    Looking for the stainless Ruger American rimfire 8351 locally. Any ideas who may have one for a decent price. I think it is $346 on Buds online. Wanted to see in person before making my purchase. Any help would be appreciated. Need it for next year squirrel season, want it ASAP for range days. Any info would be appreciated.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I have the blued version, bought it from Dale with Landry's Guns. It's an excellent rifle and tons of fun suppressed, you are going to love it.

Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    Just found out a friend of mine has one taking it out today to try it. I really wish it had iron sights on it, though I guess I could get it drilled and tapped at a gunsmith. Academy has it on their website for ship to store for $346 not too bad just gotta pay all that sales tax. Well after all said and done including shipping buds will get it to me under $360 Academy would be at $394 tax and shipping included. Now just gotta find an FFL to send this bad boy in Denham Springs.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Just found out a friend of mine has one taking it out today to try it. I really wish it had iron sights on it, though I guess I could get it drilled and tapped at a gunsmith. Academy has it on their website for ship to store for $346 not too bad just gotta pay all that sales tax. Well after all said and done including shipping buds will get it to me under $360 Academy would be at $394 tax and shipping included. Now just gotta find an FFL to send this bad boy in Denham Springs.

Try Pelican Pawn.

Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    New rifle is on the way. Can’t wait to pick it up and mount optics. Now, if only I could make up my mind which scope to purchase. Probably just going with a Nikon 4-12x40. Not 100% on that one yet but who knows. I’ll post some pics when it’s all set up and ready to go.

Last edited:

Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    2080EA22-2D64-49B6-873C-964BE84FF862.jpg

Got it. This thing is almost great. Slight feed issue due to mag box being loose in stock. Shooting one ragged hole at 50 yards and a decent group at 100 yards. It has a pretty nice trigger and the bold cycles well. Mounted a 4-16x40 scope. Went to the range for about 6 hours this past Monday and it is dialed in.

Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    Have shot thousands of rounds through this sweet rifle. Slight feed issue still with certain mags but working that out still. I love this rifle almost as much as my 10/22. Tough decision to make there. Will be perfect once I figure out the feed issue.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Have shot thousands of rounds through this sweet rifle. Slight feed issue still with certain mags but working that out still. I love this rifle almost as much as my 10/22. Tough decision to make there. Will be perfect once I figure out the feed issue.

Give Ruger customer service line a call. They have some of the best in the industry and will not hesitate to help you out.

Wheels4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Addis
    Hey fellas... i am new to 22 rifles and i am looking at the Savage fv sr and this ruger rimfire. I know the savage has magazine issues, but is it common for the ruger to have feed issues or is this rare?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Good luck with that purchase online or from the big box.

You're sure getting a great deal, not buying from a 'real' gun shop.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom