Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weekend Warrior

User Info Menu

Ruger American Rimfire 8351

Looking for the stainless Ruger American rimfire 8351 locally. Any ideas who may have one for a decent price. I think it is $346 on Buds online. Wanted to see in person before making my purchase. Any help would be appreciated. Need it for next year squirrel season, want it ASAP for range days. Any info would be appreciated.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.". Thomas Jefferson

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I have the blued version, bought it from Dale with Landry's Guns. It's an excellent rifle and tons of fun suppressed, you are going to love it.

Rock out with your Glock out.

Weekend Warrior

User Info Menu

Just found out a friend of mine has one taking it out today to try it. I really wish it had iron sights on it, though I guess I could get it drilled and tapped at a gunsmith. Academy has it on their website for ship to store for $346 not too bad just gotta pay all that sales tax. Well after all said and done including shipping buds will get it to me under $360 Academy would be at $394 tax and shipping included. Now just gotta find an FFL to send this bad boy in Denham Springs.
    Last edited by Hashler; March 2nd, 2018 at 12:07 PM.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.". Thomas Jefferson

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hashler View Post
    Just found out a friend of mine has one taking it out today to try it. I really wish it had iron sights on it, though I guess I could get it drilled and tapped at a gunsmith. Academy has it on their website for ship to store for $346 not too bad just gotta pay all that sales tax. Well after all said and done including shipping buds will get it to me under $360 Academy would be at $394 tax and shipping included. Now just gotta find an FFL to send this bad boy in Denham Springs.
    Try Pelican Pawn.

Weekend Warrior

User Info Menu

New rifle is on the way. Can’t wait to pick it up and mount optics. Now, if only I could make up my mind which scope to purchase. Probably just going with a Nikon 4-12x40. Not 100% on that one yet but who knows. I’ll post some pics when it’s all set up and ready to go.
    Last edited by Hashler; March 8th, 2018 at 12:07 PM.

Weekend Warrior

User Info Menu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2080EA22-2D64-49B6-873C-964BE84FF862.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	77089

Got it. This thing is almost great. Slight feed issue due to mag box being loose in stock. Shooting one ragged hole at 50 yards and a decent group at 100 yards. It has a pretty nice trigger and the bold cycles well. Mounted a 4-16x40 scope. Went to the range for about 6 hours this past Monday and it is dialed in.

Weekend Warrior

User Info Menu

Have shot thousands of rounds through this sweet rifle. Slight feed issue still with certain mags but working that out still. I love this rifle almost as much as my 10/22. Tough decision to make there. Will be perfect once I figure out the feed issue.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hashler View Post
    Have shot thousands of rounds through this sweet rifle. Slight feed issue still with certain mags but working that out still. I love this rifle almost as much as my 10/22. Tough decision to make there. Will be perfect once I figure out the feed issue.
    Give Ruger customer service line a call. They have some of the best in the industry and will not hesitate to help you out.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

User Info Menu

Hey fellas... i am new to 22 rifles and i am looking at the Savage fv sr and this ruger rimfire. I know the savage has magazine issues, but is it common for the ruger to have feed issues or is this rare?

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

Good luck with that purchase online or from the big box.

You're sure getting a great deal, not buying from a 'real' gun shop.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin