Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    killin deer

    User Info Menu

    i called the wildlife and fisheries about the same thing with a ar-10 to see if it was a max rounds you had to have and was told no i could hunt with a 30 round mag or whatever i wanted to so i dont know
    huntingdeer41

  2. #12
    Donít troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    I have a nice collection of plugs if someone finds them self needing one. Or cut a pencil down to 7 inches and wind a rubber band over each end and pop it down the feed tube (inside the spring) behind the follower.

    And yeah, it only comes into play with a shotgun, although I do see hunters struggle with getting 5 and 10 round rifle mags to take their AR hunting.

    Migratory waterfowl hunting and turkey hunting are the 2 pet peeves of DWF (feds) and the fines and fees tell the tale. I went to goose/duck hunt at my family’s place in TN one New Years and some guy in the pit with us got popped for having lead rounds... in a .22 cal pistol he had packed out to the pit. He had brought a little buck mark or something to shoot rabbits in the field behind us. The agent had been watching our pit and 2 blinds full of hunters all morning with 20x binoculars and waited his turn before meeting us at the trucks. Not one of those Browning BPS 10’s had the plug in until we were ready to leave the pit...but that’s why you keep someone looking out the back.
    Last edited by Magdump; September 15th, 2020 at 04:44 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

  3. #13
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I have a nice collection of plugs if someone finds them self needing one. Or cut a pencil down to 7 inches and wind a rubber band over each end and pop it down the feed tube (inside the spring) behind the follower.

    And yeah, it only comes into play with a shotgun, although I do see hunters struggle with getting 5 and 10 round rifle mags to take their AR hunting.
    You collect shotgun plugs? I think that's frigg'n awesome !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  4. #14
    Donít troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    You collect shotgun plugs? I think that's frigg'n awesome !
    Only because they came with the shotguns I own. I even have a special box for them.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

  5. #15
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Only because they came with the shotguns I own. I even have a special box for them.
    Damn it man,So if you want to go shoot a duck you just pick one out?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  6. #16
    Donít troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Damn it man,So if you want to go shoot a duck you just pick one out?
    Absolutely not. I have a Benelli SBE III ready for that job.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

  7. #17
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Absolutely not. I have a Benelli SBE III ready for that job.
    Eeew, I got a Benelli SBE 3 Eeew You peasants will have to make due with you're 870'S,Eeew, Eeew

    Lol, Really nice machine man !

    https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/...gle-3-shotguns
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  8. #18
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I thought you only need a plug if you were hunting migratory waterfowl regulated by the feds. I went through the Louisiana regulations pamphlet and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. If they don't say you can't do it, then it is legal.

  9. #19
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I wonder if this applies to rifled shotguns? I've never heard of a person hitting a migratory bird with a sabot.

  10. #20
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry J View Post
    I thought you only need a plug if you were hunting migratory waterfowl regulated by the feds. I went through the Louisiana regulations pamphlet and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. If they don't say you can't do it, then it is legal.
    To be clear, it doesn't mention three shells max for deer, but does say max three shells for rabbit and squirrel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •