AR15 Kit $275

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    AR15 Parts Kit with Flat top upper with detachable carrying handle & rear sight - Build your own AR15 type rifle. Our kits include all parts necessary to put together an AR15 type rifle except for the the lower receiver. Included are stocks, G.I. handguards, flat top upper receiver and all internal parts. Sold as disassembled kits. Parts are new or like new. All parts are now supplied with M4 type (4 position) telescoping stock and commercial buffer tube. Sling and mag not included. No FFL required.

New or like new? Are these kits with working parts sourced from non-functioning firearms? I'm not against budget builds or budget kits but there's a lot of unknowns in that package.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    New or like new? Are these kits with working parts sourced from non-functioning firearms? I'm not against budget builds or budget kits but there's a lot of unknowns in that package.

That's a good question. Sarco is known for selling surplus parts, so I looked at the reviews to see what others have experienced. Found:

"The kit was in really good shape all parts were new I didn't find any used parts in my kit the only things my kit was missing were the gas key for the bolt and the gas tube roll pin but I had spares." and

"I had been keeping a Bushmaster lower on the shelf for years and decided I should finally build myself up another AR15 variant. This kit was not only an excellent buy - the parts are of excellent quality and from all appearances everything was new parts (although I somewhat expected some used parts)I ordered a USGI assembly tool with the kit as I did not have a barrel wrench, etc. If you have not built one from scratch, take your time and get all the right tools together (small steel punches, torque wrench, USGI or equivalent barrel tool, etc) as you'll absolutely need them to do the job correctly. From opening the boxes and inventorying (which Sarco did an excellent job organizing the packages) to laying things out and assembling - I had about 3.5 hours to a completed rifle."

Then I asked Mr Google for "Sarco AR15 kit reviews" and got lots of hits. None that I saw were bad reviews.

Not saying there aren't used parts out there, or that everyone would be 100% happy. I've bought from Sarco before, during the 25 years I had an FFL and was never disappointed. If I were to want to assemble another kit I'd probably buy this one.

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Delta team tactical regularly has kits under 300 as well. I have bought 3 or 4 kits from them. The bulk of the parts are us made, and the furniture or rail is chinese. The site can be hard to mavigate. They have a fair amount of known brand stuff too.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom