Silhouette Shoot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Smallbore rifle silhouette is still held on the fourth Saturday of the month. Smallbore handgun silhouette is usually the first Sunday of each month along with Smallbore Cowboy rifle silhouette.

Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    Thanks for the info how is the turn out usually?. Is there a website or anything? Want to get started and looking for any info I can get. Thanks for the reply.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    They don't have a website. Dustin Flint heads up the rifle program. He is a member here and posts under his name. Perhaps you can send him a PM. I'll notify him to check in here.

dustinflint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes, we have smallbore silhouette club matches on the fourth Saturday of every month in Gonzales at the Ascension Parish Sheriff's range. The gate opens around 8:30AM. It's very low key and lots of fun. Please come out and give it a try. Please post here with any questions and I'll try my best to answer. My email address is dustinflint@yahoo.com if you'd rather email.

The rifle silhouette club match schedule for south Louisiana/south Mississippi is:

First Sunday of the month:
    Morning - IHMSA handgun and SB/PC Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette - Gonzales (Charlie Braud match director)
    Afternoon - Highpower Silhouette - Gonzales (Dustin Flint match Director)

Second Sunday of the month:
    Afternoon - Air Rifle silhouette - Baton Rouge (Dustin Flint match Director)

Third Saturday of the month:
    Morning - Smallbore Silhouette - Pearlington, MS (SMGA) (Woody Walk match Director)
    Afternoon - SB/PC Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette - Pearlington, MS (SMGA) (Woody Walk match Director)

Third Sunday of the month:
    Morning - Smallbore Silhouette - Chalmette (Wayne Wands match Director)

Fourth Saturday of the month:
    Morning - Smallbore Silhouette - Gonzales (Joe Duboulay match Director)

Dustin

Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    Awesome, thanks for the information. So this month it will be on the 24th? How much to shoot? Anything in particular I would need to know or bring? Looking forward to seeing what it is all about.

dustinflint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes this month it's on the 24th. It's $5 to shoot. Just bring a .22 rifle if you have one and some ammo. Come out and introduce yourself and we will get you going and after a few years you'll know everything you need to know!

Dustin

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes this month it's on the 24th. It's $5 to shoot. Just bring a .22 rifle if you have one and some ammo. Come out and introduce yourself and we will get you going and after a few years you'll know everything you need to know!

Dustin

What's the format for this and how much ammo is needed? All of my shooting has been more on the tactical side but it certainly won't hurt to do a little on the competitive side.

dustinflint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What's the format for this and how much ammo is needed? All of my shooting has been more on the tactical side but it certainly won't hurt to do a little on the competitive side.

We shoot two 40-shot matches. A 40-shot match is 10 shots at chickens, 10 shots at pigs, 10 shots at turkeys and 10 shots at rams.

I usually shoot 110-150 rounds total with warmup, 80 shots for score, and any shootoffs that might be necessary.

Dustin

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom