Legislature this year.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Instinctshot

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=30

I am writing you in strong opposition to the following bills: HB277, HB400, HB448, HB473, HB603, SB155, SB383, and SB185. As my state legislator, I urge you to represent my views, values, and attitudes on these bills.

America does have a problem with violence, not just gun violence. It doesn’t take one with a degree in advanced mathematics to understand that America has more violent crime than other “peaceful” nations, but we also have more crime in general when compared to nations like Canada, Australia, and Britain. It does, however, take someone knowingly or unknowingly ignorant of those facts to propose bills such as those.

We could easily say that we have an X problem or a Y problem; the harder thing to say is we have a criminal problem. We, as a nation, break laws more often then other nations.

With that fact in mind, I ask you, would eight (8) laws that attempt to make law-abiding citizens into criminals actually do anything besides empower our emboldened criminals and/or make more criminals?

The government’s sole purpose is to represent the majority and protect the minority’s freedoms.

The arrogant sheriff in Broward County squawks at the idea of citizens with guns being safer, his only solution is having fewer guns. America has roughly 320,000,000 firearms, 305,000,000 people with roughly half of the population being gun owners, according to national data. How is half of America responsible for a shooting? How are laws like this representing the majority (gun owners) or even protecting the majority? Disregard the fact that concealed handgun licensees are the MOST law-abiding demographic in the entire country, and even police are more likely to commit a crime than a concealed handgun carrier. AR-15 type rifles are the most popular rifle in America currently. The reasons have been enumerated ad nauseum. If AR-15 type rifles are the most popular, that means a majority of the 320M guns could be AR-15’s. Why do we forget that there are more deaths every year due to fists and feet than all rifles combined, not just the AR-15 type rifles?

Florida recently passed a bill requiring that the minimum age for firearm ownership be raised to 21 years of age. How is it definitive if this would stop these massacres?

Data supports that where there is THE FREEDOM to possess, carry, and/or use a firearm defensively, the incidence of these mass tragedies is insurmountably low. Why? Because active shooters are nothing more than cowards that wish to hurt others and then take their own lives. If you put them in an environment where the headlines would read, “Would-be Active Shooter taken down by law-abiding citizen, 1 death”, they WILL NOT go there to inflict the pain and carnage they seek.

I do support laws that remove the restriction from teachers who wish to carry firearms in their schools, if they carry outside of school why shouldn’t they carry inside of their schools as well? Have they not gone through the training, have they not obtained a license saying they could, and have they not the right to defend their class full of students? I’m certainly not saying that the government should impose a law requiring teachers to carry, I’m saying the government should give the teachers their right to choose back, their constitutionally protected right.

The conversation on guns is one-sided. The side speaking has little facts. Sociologists around the world say that to stop these shootings, you must stop giving the shooters the air time. This has worked in other countries as well.

We are actively dismantling our constitution, the second amendment is under siege, with it the first is being attacked with people repressing the opinions of gun owners, our president is attacking the eighth amendment to due process. Louisiana’s proposed laws also violate the 14th amendment.

I ask you my final question. Is our country in such a dark place because of guns or gun owners, or have we given up on what it truly means to be free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is the usual crap that Democrats file every year so they can tell their base that they’re “doing something.” Letter writing is good; in-person trips to the state legislature are better.

I’ll read through these tonight and see if there’s anything that stands a chance of growing legs and walking on its own.

Mike

Instinctshot

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Anyone sending the letters or actually doing anything?

In federal senate, there’s an Assault weapons ban in committee. We NEED to get serious.

People are being fired for being CCL holders in Maryland. (14th amendment violation and unlawful termination)
    Seattle seized some guy’s weapons with no due process. (8th amendment violation)
    All violations of the 2nd amendment.

I ask you, when you said you would stand up, is it now? With the constitution is being shredded apart, when illegal aliens have more rights then us, law abiding citizens?

In Denver, an illegal killed a truck driver while DUI, Denver released him because of their sanctuary city laws.
    In California, an illegal shot and killed a woman by accident and walked because San Francisco is a sanctuary city.

Or will we wait, will we remain silent because the conservatives weren’t lying when they said take the 2nd the rest will follow. With the threat of 2nd amendment disappearing, this is all happening.

When will we take our freedom back and stand for our God given liberties?

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That would be great . I have been looking for something like that to send to our state reps .

I'm getting this going. Should have something ready tonight. Goal will be to send a mass-PM or email to everyone here to get a little traction behind this.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm waiting for it buddy

It seems that you found it :P

I'll be getting a mass email / PM sent out soon (waiting on some backend stuff to be finished to allow processing of 25k messages haha)

Instinctshot

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not to be a kissbutt, I really wanted to thank you guys for the opportunity to stand up alongside you all on behalf of our rights. It has truly been an honor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    Funny how all those bills were authored by Democrats. They sure do all seem to march to the DNC and not the people they represent.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    OK guys, here is the plan:

I will let everyone know the week prior to the hearing date in the House Administration of Criminal Justice Committee and what bills will be heard that day. The committee meeting will be on a Wednesday. I would look for my notice to come out around the last week of March is my experience tells me anything.

When I give the notice, we need to flood the COMMITTEE MEMBERS' email and telephone lines with requests that they vote against our list of bad bills. You will have the bill numbers and a short description of each. Get your friends to call too. I want them to go into their Wednesday meeting saying that there is huge opposition to these bills.

On the day of the committee meeting, we need to show up and put in red cards in opposition to the bad bills and green cards in support of the good ones. Wear nice clothes - khakis are fine. Be respectful. Let's fill the chamber with pro gun people. Speak if you would like, but your presence is your most important weapon.

Dan

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    The Criminal Justice Committee has taken a somewhat leftward turn since the last time we had bills of consequence before it. Pay attention to dzelenka's advice. It is spot on.

I plan to let my rep know how I feel - and he's one of the SPONSORS of one of those bills. I had a conversation with him when Moreno's "Domestic Partner Violence" bill was up (last year, I think). He didn't see a single thing wrong with it, even when I pointed out that there was no disincentive to keep a crazed ex from making a false claim and getting your guns yanked.

Top Bottom