CMMG Guard 9mm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    I just placed an order with CMMG for a Guard 9mm Rifle, MkGs DRB2, in midnight bronze. Going to be shooting PCC Steel Challenge with this rifle. Anyone else already have one and have some reviews? I have read and watched a bunch of online reviews on this rifle for a while now and I was just waiting for my bonus to hit my bank account.

Also, any PCC reloading starting points will be appreciated. Bullet weight or powders to look at.

bigsampson

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Most folks that compete with these use 124 or 147 grain bullets.
    I use WST powder around the 4 grain area. Lots of other data out there, check on enos.com in the pcc section. Try to keep the load around 130 power factor and you will be good to go.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    The only thing on my PCC that's CMMG is the barrel and its been very accurate.
    A load that has been great for me 4.0 g of Titegroup behind a 124g Berry RNHB.
    When sighting in from a bench and I do my part, I get a single hole at 30+yds

bigsampson

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It's going to vary gun to gun, but for steel challenge you want to be around 130 pf. I think 4 grains of Titegroup would probably be pretty hot for competition. Certainly not too hot for the gun.
    But for steel challenge you prob want to work you way down from 4 grains as a starting place. You will prob end up around 3.5 to 3.7 grains to make 1050fps, I have actually seen pcc's that made min power factor with less. But, to each their own.

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    I have some 147gr Berry's bullets that I loaded for testing first. I used 3.6 grains of Titegroup, so looks like I might be heading in the right direction. I'll have to get some of the 124's to try as well.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    It's going to vary gun to gun, but for steel challenge you want to be around 130 pf. I think 4 grains of Titegroup would probably be pretty hot for competition. Certainly not too hot for the gun.
    But for steel challenge you prob want to work you way down from 4 grains as a starting place. You will prob end up around 3.5 to 3.7 grains to make 1050fps, I have actually seen pcc's that made min power factor with less. But, to each their own.

Very true, Recoil with the 4.0 of TG is still pretty light, Recoil comes straight up about 1.5" and doesn't deviate left or right at all.

This load I use in all my 9mm guns except for open of course, I don't recall the PF for this load through my PCC. But I do plan on making up some loads from 3.2 to 3.8 (I may do that tonight. 10 for chrono & 10 for accuracy testing), and chrono to get myself around a 130PF

Top Bottom