Pistol Red Dots

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you think of slide mounted red dot optics?

• Own and use them.

Votes: 23 48.9%
    • Have never used one, but want to.

Votes: 18 38.3%
    • Have used one, but disliked it.

Votes: 3 6.4%
    • Have never used one, and dislike them.

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    06E7FA3871A5EF84BA259709C7E2A7B741E85AC2.jpg

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I am glad to see this thread. I have a G19 and a G34. I have been debating which one or both to put a RDS on. Any advice? Also which RDS did you choose? I was thinking of the Vortex 3 MOA Venom.

Also do you use suppressor sights to co-witness with RDS?

Last edited:

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I am glad to see this thread. I have a G19 and a G34. I have been debating which one or both to put a RDS on. Any advice? Also which RDS did you choose? I was thinking of the Vortex 3 MOA Venom.

I'm having slide work done now to install another Vortex Viper on my Glock 19. My M&P above is awesome with the Viper.

The Venom is a smidge larger because the battery can be changed without removing the optic. However, the Viper doesn't lose zero when removed and reinstalled.

Suppressor sights are needed to co-witness with any red dot.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans

I have 3 Glock 19's and 3 Glock 34's with optics... Can't go wrong with either. But if you can't decide, you can meet in the middle with a glock 17 with optic.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

I can only attest to the Cmore STS. I’ve used them on 1911 based 10mm auto on down to the .22’s. They run in the 300-350 range and for a long while they were the only thing you’d see on a race gun that would hold up. Customer service gets straight A’s from me. Bought one used from a member here and couldn’t get enough adjustment to even get it on paper. Called them up and they sent me a shipping label. A week later they sent me a new updated version. Lot of mounts on the market because they’ve been around a while.
    Easy battery change as well. Just slide out the battery tray, although as long as you remember to turn it off, you won’t have to change it much.
    Side note: pretty sure their design is the original. Copied by many others

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    haven't done a whole lot of shooting with it, but plan on trying to hunt with it this year glock 40 mos 10mm, now has the trijicon rmr06 3.25 red dot on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      253.7 KB · Views: 79

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    haven't done a whole lot of shooting with it, but plan on trying to hunt with it this year glock 40 mos 10mm, now has the trijicon rmr06 3.25 red dot on it

I found that at dusk on a rainy day the 3.25 non adjustable bloomed so bad It covered a good bit of the deer. (25yds) (I do have some astigmatism which increases the blooming ) I put a 1moa adjustable RMR on my 454 casull - adjust light higher for brighter bigger appearing dot, and adjust down at dusk.
    Not what you want for self defense, but great for aimed hunting situation.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yea my 3.25" ones are adjustable, you can crank it down to a pretty small dot
    I found that at dusk on a rainy day the 3.25 non adjustable bloomed so bad It covered a good bit of the deer. (25yds) (I do have some astigmatism which increases the blooming ) I put a 1moa adjustable RMR on my 454 casull - adjust light higher for brighter bigger appearing dot, and adjust down at dusk.
    Not what you want for self defense, but great for aimed hunting situation.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I have a Gen 4 34 with a Trijicon RMR RM01 Type 1 (and Battlewerx Anti-Flicker Plate) milled by Primary Machine. I ran that setup throughout the weekend with VATA, in the pouring rain, over two days and fired 1,000 rounds without issue. Blooming was not a problem, even though it's an auto-adjust model. If I buy another, it will be a RM06, but that's for other reasons.

38986415730_028faf2ee4_b.jpg

26900330218_3744c7e5c5_b.jpg

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    For the Glock fanboys. Who did you get to machine your slide for you?

I'll try to remember to post some pics this evening.

Bob Carver did my slide about 3 years ago. At that time he was one of the only ones milling glock slide.
    All I had to do was send a bare slide. He media blast the slide, Milled and Cerakote for $150. Turn around time was about 3 weeks.
    He doesn't have Vortex listed as one of his cut profiles but he can mill for that also.
    http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/ecomme...ry-optic---slide-conversion-red-dot-sight.cfm

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Here's my Gen 3 G34 Open. I originally had the SJC mount and running a C-More red dot. I had lots of issues with ejection and keeping zero.
    Then I heard about Bob Carver from KC Eusebio of team Glock at the time. Needless to say I sent my slide off and had it back in about 2 weeks.
    G-34 Open (2).JPG
    G-34 Open (1).JPG
    G-34 Open (4).JPG

Top Bottom