Anyone using the PSA 2-stage trigger?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    So I plan to slowly upgrade my budget AR and move my stock stuff over to my 300blk pistol build. It currently has a stock Colt milspec trigger and I figured I'd start there. I see PSA has their 2 stage unit, but it's currently out of stock so I don't even know how much it is. I also see Geissele has a 2 stage for 165 but I figure PSA is going to be better priced. Thoughts anyone?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    You get what you pay for. Any little bit of grit is going to be amplified in a 2-stage trigger.

Geissele is the gold standard, so if you don't mind spending the money, go for it. Most 2 stage triggers will be more expensive due to the nature of the design.

bigsampson

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Most people would not put a two stage trigger in a pistol build. Get a Gisele, CMc or hiperfire. Cmc is the cheapest and will probably do nicely.

jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    Most people would not put a two stage trigger in a pistol build. Get a Gisele, CMc or hiperfire. Cmc is the cheapest and will probably do nicely.

Sorry, I guess my post was a bit of a run on sentence haha. I'm looking for a better trigger for my AR rifle and I'm going to put my stock trigger into my pistol build. So the 2 stage would be going into the rifle.

I am looking for options, so suggestions for different brands is great. The rifle setup is mostly for plinking and I'll do some hunting with it.

Last edited:

bigsampson

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I would suggest a cmc either two stage or single. Can't do better at that price level. Simple drop in installation.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Wait for a sale and you can get the LaRue MBT 2 stage for $99. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Top Bottom