10 pounds of chicken breast

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Well, I make chicken salad, like egg salad with chicken added.
    2 dozen eggs, 3 tablespoons garlic roasted and minced. One large onion. It is not food without onions and garlic.
    One china red pepper to make it a little hot minced. Some homemade ranch dressing. and olive oil mayo.
    So basic Egg Salad. Then Add 10 pounds of cooked boned Chicken Breast. And a little salt/black pepper
    Over some cut up Romane
    Can ya tell I used to cook a lot to feed the homeless? That's a little food. I never cook small.

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
      P1010001.jpg
      212.2 KB · Views: 80
    • P1010002.jpg
      P1010002.jpg
      237.6 KB · Views: 77

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Nice work. When you do it, you do it BIG for sure. N4sir used to grace us here with his mouth watering culinary creations and pics, not so much any more.

Where did you feed the homeless folks?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My dad and kids feed the New Orleans homeless 2 times a week. But sadly dad passed in mid-2014. And that stopped. I went many a time and helped prepare the food when I did not.
    The homeless were self-policed. It was not so nice areas they were located in. As in when someone got out of line we said we would leave.
    I always thought it was funny. When someone was not nice they were dragged off to parts unknown never to be seen again. Well, correction..... once I did. A few ladies walked away with one that was nasty to us. She came back kinda beat up saying she was sorry. It was hard not to laugh. I bet that was better than the Pay Per View fights.
    Dad would fix, an 80-quart pot of stew and a 40-60 one of the rice

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    My dad and kids feed the New Orleans homeless 2 times a week. But sadly dad passed in mid-2014. And that stopped. I went many a time and helped prepare the food when I did not.
    The homeless were self-policed. It was not so nice areas they were located in. As in when someone got out of line we said we would leave.
    I always thought it was funny. When someone was not nice they were dragged off to parts unknown never to be seen again. Well, correction..... once I did. A few ladies walked away with one that was nasty to us. She came back kinda beat up saying she was sorry. It was hard not to laugh. I bet that was better than the Pay Per View fights.
    Dad would fix, an 80-quart pot of stew and a 40-60 one of the rice

Nice. Clearly your father was a compassionate and kind man. They have videos on youtube of the beat downs :) I did volunteer a couple times at the NO Mission, right next to the I-10 overpass.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The Mission was one of his spots. Yes the mission feed them but not like he and his friends did. Dad cooked like it was for him.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I like your recipe but I had to cut it down just a tiny bit.....my wife and I couldn't eat that much much chicken salad in a month.
    Divided everything by 4 and we had enough to feed 4 hungry people. Sandwiches on Wonder bread or with Ritz crackers ....it was great. Thanks for posting ,
    Gary

Top Bottom