Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Any interest in a 45acp shot shell thread?

Interested?
    If so I can do some and post with pics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Sure. Let's check it out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

The thread would be 2 parts one with the right RCBS dies. And one with dies from other sets most may have anyway.
    I have to get some 308 rifle brass and clean it. Then do some and take pics doing it. They are done the same just regular dies substituted for the real ones.

All or nothing

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    Interested?
    If so I can do some and post with pics.
    Doing 44mag shot shells for killer snake control. 8-9 shot seems to be the dope.

Lotta difference in range and density between shot sizes and barrel lengths but I’ve tried from 6-9 shot from a Taurus tracker 4 inch barrel and model 29-3 with the *almost 8 inch* barrel and 8 shot in the smith is a good kill at upwards of 20 feet. The 9 shot patterned more densely at my 8 foot minimum...cuz all the snakes I run across seem to be the flying spitting chupacobras...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Magdump; March 13th, 2018 at 08:41 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

I am working on this Thursday I cleaned the cases. Friday I made the cases up "Cut, Sized and formed them. And took pictures while doing so.
    Still, have to load some and crimp and take pictures. Maybe I will post it as 2 parts?

All or nothing

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Are you using the capsules?
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I loaded some in 38 special years ago. Couldn't get a good pattern past about 10 feet. I think it had something to do with the rifling in the barrel. It spun the capsule and threw shot all over the place.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Are you using the capsules?
    No these are 7.62x51 or. 308 cut down. And reformed into a bottle neck. Look like 7.62x25 Just bigger. RCBS Makes reforming dies to make 45acp shot shell brass. As well as close the ends up after. You can also use some common dies from other sets. I will go over it with 25 to 30 pictures. I have the brass made up with pics. But need to load some and document that with pictures as well. Then cap the shot with a card or gas check. And bend the case over so it stays in.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Way back when the military had them made for the Thompson. They were called M15. That way you could fend for your self and shot small game to survive with 5he Thompson or 1911. I was also looking for the NRA write up before posting the how to. As it has info about it. Such as load data etc,
    Last edited by 340six; March 18th, 2018 at 08:21 PM.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Update. I Was going to finish up the stuff and post. I have the 1st part done with pictures but still need to load them to do part 2. I was in a bad fight with a chain link fence and lost. It hit me in multiple places and then just stood there
    Last edited by 340six; March 20th, 2018 at 04:54 PM.