Florida Seizing Guns Under New Gun Control Laws.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Central (NE Baton Rouge, LA)
    Scary, “potential risk to others” is very subjective; one could construe that many hunters & shooters fit that description.

There are currently some scary Gun Control Bills in the LA Leg. Session; especially No. 603 to ban & confiscate or register annually all AR’s.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180316/louisiana-egregious-anti-gun-bills-brewing-in-2018-session

Suggest E-mailing people that can oppose it:

https://www.legis.la.gov/legis/FindMyLegislators.aspx

If we don’t act, who will?

Last edited:

chrisdcd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    anywhere
    So let me get this straight. You’re ok with giving a little of your rights away for, *The Greater Good*? If that’s the case then that’s what worries all those unwilling to negotiate our RIGHTS away. It’s not a perfect world and there is no clear 100% proof solution but chipping away at our rights is the wrong direction to take, anyway you put it.

I don't really look at that as giving "my" rights away. Giving a little when reasonably justified, as this case seems to be, is just my way of thinking when I continue to turn on the news and see that mad men are slaughtering children in schools. Again, I put myself in the place of one of these parents that lost a child and try to rationalize what good we are doing by not enforcing laws and taking firearms out of mentally defective peoples hands. Again, to me, it's just reasonable thinking. I'm not so attached to my firearms that I can't rationally be so selfish as to only think about my rights, and not others safety. Especially children. I used to think just the same way as you guys, but I don't any more. This **** happens too often. Something has to change.

chrisdcd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    anywhere
    Lol, why do you keep attacking me? I've answered your questions. Your making me out like I'm trying to have you give your 2nd amendment rights so I'll feel sleep better at night. I'm not asking anyone to give up their rights, I'm just a rational man that understands things need to change. I'm no so selfish that I'm only worried about me and my rights. I'm not worried about my rights at all, I'm worried about the safety of children in schools. School shootings are what have made me see this completely differently.

As for asking me repeatedly about did the guy threaten someone.... I assume you read the same story I did. I have no clue if he threatened anyone. To me it doesn't matter, why even give him the opportunity to retaliate against the invisible FBI or his shape shifting neighbor. Its my right as an FFL to refuse the sell of a firearm to anyone that I deem incompetent at the point of sell, whether they pass a background check or not. So, is that too much power, or is that allowing an individual that went through a strenuous background check and sat with the FBI for 4 hours to make a reasonable decision based on knowledge and instinct? This isn't a discussion, it's you trying to justify your point. My opinion has evolved to where it is now. I used to think just like you, but I don't anymore.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• popcorn.jpg
      popcorn.jpg
      24.9 KB · Views: 100

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Lol, why do you keep attacking me? I've answered your questions. Your making me out like I'm trying to have you give your 2nd amendment rights so I'll feel sleep better at night. I'm not asking anyone to give up their rights, I'm just a rational man that understands things need to change. I'm no so selfish that I'm only worried about me and my rights. I'm not worried about my rights at all, I'm worried about the safety of children in schools. School shootings are what have made me see this completely differently.

As for asking me repeatedly about did the guy threaten someone.... I assume you read the same story I did. I have no clue if he threatened anyone. To me it doesn't matter, why even give him the opportunity to retaliate against the invisible FBI or his shape shifting neighbor. Its my right as an FFL to refuse the sell of a firearm to anyone that I deem incompetent at the point of sell, whether they pass a background check or not. So, is that too much power, or is that allowing an individual that went through a strenuous background check and sat with the FBI for 4 hours to make a reasonable decision based on knowledge and instinct? This isn't a discussion, it's you trying to justify your point. My opinion has evolved to where it is now. I used to think just like you, but I don't anymore.

I'm not attacking you. I'm trying to have a discussion. But every time I ask you questions, you dance around them without committing to an answer.

"Potential risk" is very subjective. You've yet to list the criteria of what constitutes a potential risk. I suspect because there's no real definition that doesn't include almost everyone. You get into a fight with your spouse and as you storm out of the house, you say "I can't take this arguing. This has got to stop." She calls the police and says you are a potential risk because you are mad, you have a gun, and she is scared. You now lose your guns. No due process. No threats. A combat veteran gets diagnosed with PTSD. He's now a potential risk. He hasn't exhibited any signs of aggression towards anyone and hasn't threatened to harm himself. But the potential is there. No guns for him. But it's all for the greater good. It's for the children.

The guy in Florida. We don't know if he's threatened anyone. But, before he's been evaluated, you're comfortable with his 2nd Amendment rights being curtailed. No threats, no violence, and no due process.

You are not asking anyone to give up their rights. You're telling them they should. There are laws in place to remove weapons from the hands of people who are a real threat to themselves and others. No reasonable person has said those laws should not be enforced. In fact, people have said they should be. They include due process. They require someone to be a threat.

I don't have to justify my point. The courts have already done that so far. Others have stepped up and tried to explain it as well. But you're right, this isn't a discussion. A discussion requires both parties to contribute. You're fine with someone losing their 2nd amendment rights because they are a potential risk but you haven't defined what constitutes a potential risk.

And your position may have shifted from mine. I still value my rights.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Google china knife attacks. You will find many many mass killings with knives. Uncle Lee has made it illegal to own a fire arm yet mass killing still occur which include children in schools. Very oppressive state where the government controls all aspect of life yet they still can’t curb the crazies. Why is it we don’t learn from history or the going on of our neighbors in other countries to realize we are who we are because of our rights. So many want to come here to the US b/ of our rights where no matter who or what happens, we hold those right above all things. My rights trump your feelings, just as my feelings are trumped by your rights.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom