self driving uber car kills pedestrian

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/w...ehicle-hits-kills-pedestrian-arizona-53853445

hmmmm, why arnt "the people" going crazy about this!!!! why arnt they protesting, why is it not a major issue that a car has killed a innocent person? Come to think of it, what "person" will be on trial for Vehicular Homicide? Ok of course the family will get paid good but what person will pay with jail time for taking the life of a innocent person?

also a statistic from the repot
    "In 2016, the latest year available, more than 6,000 U.S. pedestrians were killed by vehicles"

why don't they walk out of school for 6000 seconds for this one, or take a stand on this situation... I agree with my fathers old quote and "song" You gotta stand for something or youll fall for anything... but come on!!! It flat out pisses me off when stupid people try to take away my rights that was given to me by our forefathers and and has been kept and fought for to keep

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the whole movement on stopping school shootings!!! I'm all for it, but it must be done logical, and without violating the constitutional rights of law abiding citizens

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    That is only 1 of 2 issues they have had with the auto car.And the only reason ,this was an issue,is because the person crossing the street was not using the crosswalk.Probably anyone would have hit them.

I have had 2 friends that have actually had this happen to them.One was driving late at night,on the way home from work,and a drunk guy dressed in black was crossing the road,not in a crosswalk.My friend ran him over and he died instantly.

The other incident was my other buddy up north ran over a girl,she was determined later,drunk as cooter brown,was crossing the road ,and again,not in a crosswalk,late at night ,dressed in black.She lived.

It happens a lot more than people think,687 pedestrians were killed last year in texas alone.

Oh and I did take 30 seconds out of my day to say a little prayer for the vehicle to make a quick recovery:)

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The kind of person that wants a self driving car will also be ok if the car automatically drives to the police station if it breaks the speed limit. Same person likely relies on mahir news channels to be informed, and has absolutely zero personal skill or capability.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The kind of person that wants a self driving car will also be ok if the car automatically drives to the police station if it breaks the speed limit. Same person likely relies on mahir news channels to be informed, and has absolutely zero personal skill or capability.
    *It’s for the greater good* crowd. Just like the erosion of the 2nd.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I like the idea of self driving cars. I think if there were a road that was only open to self driving cars, they would be able to drive along at a higher rate of speed because electronics don't get nervous and drive 55mph in the left hand lane. The problem would be there would have to be no option on that road for a human to control the car at any point. And there are not enough self driving cars right now to justify such a road.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    *It’s for the greater good* crowd. Just like the erosion of the 2nd.

pGk4YOM.jpg

Attachments

• greater_good_hot_fuzz (1).jpg
      greater_good_hot_fuzz (1).jpg
      33.5 KB · Views: 61
    Top Bottom