Just finished up the machining

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I decided to give the whole " I feel like cutting up a perfectly good Glock" thing a shot. It was pretty difficult to try and think of something that would push some limits, look good, function properly, and not look like everyone else's stuff. I was able to come up with a cut geometry that matched the grip angle and didn't compromise the slide integrity. A couple of opposing intersecting cuts on the front and leaving some slightly obtuse raised sections to grip. The rear serrations are to the matching angles and go from 0.001" in depth to 0.035" deep and are stepped in 0.100" increments. I was contemplating doing some lightning cuts/ports in the top and sides but may decide to only do some ball mill cuts to lighten it up for balance. I'll post more pics as it progresses.
    8ae743a5d725f6777a0862777cfb59e5.jpg
    463c331a0b7e31eaf987695e9f94b96c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Those front serrations are interesting.

I personally would have milled them further back, close to the front of the barrel hood.
    I was thinking of adding some lightning cuts or maybe a ball mill cut with my logo, or something like that. Still thinking on what to do there. It's the same on both sides, so what ever it is I'm going to mirror it on the other side.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I was thinking of adding some lightning cuts or maybe a ball mill cut with my logo, or something like that. Still thinking on what to do there. It's the same on both sides, so what ever it is I'm going to mirror it on the other side.

The reason I would push them further back, and have lightening cuts further forward, is because the closer you are to the muzzle the hotter the slide becomes. From a manipulation and safety perspective, it's better to index the slide near the front of ejection port rather than near the muzzle.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The reason I would push them further back, and have lightening cuts further forward, is because the closer you are to the muzzle the hotter the slide becomes. From a manipulation and safety perspective, it's better to index the slide near the front of ejection port rather than near the muzzle.
    That makes sense.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Decided to Cerakoat it on black for now. I plan on doing a battle worn Cerakoat job in black and FDE after I put a 300 or 400 rounds thru it. To be sure I don't want to do anything else to it. The grip Stippling is super aggressive and really random (which is what I was going for orrigionally). I believe it will look much better with the other finish on it. I'll post more pics when the other paint scheme is on it.
    edb1db302e28ca2e8252a9b260f9145e.jpg
    f38beca9c7a71abb36b01ef747b5d722.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom