Any experience with STI International?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JSNH

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Prairieville
    I want something new to shoot and I’m thinking about a 2011 from STI. Specifically the Marauder or Tactical. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a 2011 from STI.

I don’t have any plans to compete with it. It’ll just be a range toy and possibly a night stand gun.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Have two of them. An Edge and Trojan. Love them both. Bought them from Dawson Precision. Had them hard chromed. Makes it a lot easier to clean.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    They are and have been the gold standard for USPSA competition for years. There are members here who have shot over 100K rounds through them. Some say quality has slacked since years past but I bought another one last year, a newer model, and it has been flawless. Buy with confidence IMO.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I picked up a Costa 9mm about 2 years ago at Interstate Guns, about the same usage as your considering. I’ve put several thousand rounds through it. I started having an extractor issue (wouldn’t stay adjusted), called them and they shipped me a replacement in a couple days. Hasn’t missed a beat since. I have read a lot about possible magazine issues, I have 5 and they all have run without issue without any adjusting. I did have to slightly tweak my reloading dies to get my reloads to run 100% (I think I was over resizing my brass). I mounted a Vortex red dot on a EGW adapter, I will probably have the slide milled at some point to get the sight lower to the bore.
    I also shoot a Wilson Combat Professional in 45ACP; STI is GTG in my book.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I had a Trojan 9mm, it refused to run on winchester white box, I made a good trade (at the time) for it and the new owner had no problems with other ammo. I wish I had it as value has gone up on them though!

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Come to the match tomorrow (3gun) there will be a bunch of regular and custom STI's to check out and shoot, squad 1

bigsampson

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Go to enos.com and have a look at the classifieds. Used ones come up pretty often. Also, go to PractiScore.com and look in their classifieds. There too. New and used.
    The 9mm and 45s usually run very well w stock mags. For whatever reason, most of the problems you will read about regarding mags has to do with 40s.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I've had several over the years, Currently have a DVC in 9mm, and a Trojan in .45, a Freedom Gun Works (2011) in 9 major. Had and Edge .40 by Brazos and one from Dawson. If you want a great value with some extras get a Competition Ready one from Dawson. He tunes them so you getting a great value.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I've had several over the years, Currently have a DVC in 9mm, and a Trojan in .45, a Freedom Gun Works (2011) in 9 major. Had and Edge .40 by Brazos and one from Dawson. If you want a great value with some extras get a Competition Ready one from Dawson. He tunes them so you getting a great value.

You sure have some fine tools :)

Top Bottom