Help getting started completing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I would go to the IDPA and USPSA websites they will usually list clubs doing competitions. I am not sure who does the 3 gun comps.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I think 3 gun would be fun but where I am located at they just started a USPSA match in Youngsville. I did my first match last week and had a blast and have now signed up for the next 3 matches they have listed. I think any competition match would be great. If they have 3 gun matches closer to where I live then that would also be a possibility for me.

It seems like where you are at that there would be more choices for competition.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Your nearest 3 gun matches will be at MCTA in Mississippi or around Gonzales.

There are zero competitions around Madisonville.

Your closet competition would be with Tangi at the Amite range, and it is not 3 gun.

bigsampson

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If you really want to 3 gun I would suggest starting with USPSA handgun. The basic approach and procedures are largely the same as is stage planning and safety. It is great practice for 3 gun and there is allot more USPSA in the area than 3 gun. You can do both at the same time, but you will have more opportunity to go to USPSA matches and the skills translates. Don't waste your time with IDPA.
    Currently the only 3 gun matches are in Poplarville, Byram and Gulport in Ms. Some match info can be found here, https://smsps.com , and on Facebook search MCTA Occasionally they put on 3 gun matches in Gonzales (East Ascension Practical Shooters).
    Just get your pistol first and start shooting. As you get the guns and gear together, you can start dipping into 3 gun.

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Look on FaceBook at Gulf Coast / USPSA & Louisiana Shooters Connection. They post 3-Gun information. What Big Sam said about start with the handgun and go from there.

Bryan

Macon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    Covington, LA
    I just popped up to watch them in Amite this morning, looked great, you can check it out at Tangipahoa Practical Shooters on facebook. I've got to get a belt, holster, etc. See ya there!

Macon

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom