Bald Eagle spotted in Metry!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    There’s a family of 3 that stays not too far from where I live. Not uncommon to see them flying around. Amazing animals

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Has the water started going down up there yet?

Yep it has you can tell where dead grass line is. I don't know why my damn pics are sideways

j8kwz6l53xm7i6w7uww.jpg

Last edited:

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I live near Clearview shopping center (but north of Vets, almost to W. Esplanade) and I saw a pair just last month. They flew directly over my back yard and eyed up my bulldog. They were very large. I would say 6 foot wingspan at least.

They hung around for quite awhile circling. I think they were looking for a tree to nest in. And yes, I have pictures. Just need to find a place to hotlink. :confused: Seems not many sites allow that now.

Last edited:

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    This morning around 7:15 am on my short work commute from Kenner to Metairie I saw a huge bald eagle! It was glorious and I knew right then that today would be a great day. Freedom. While I've seem bald eagles before, never in Metairie and never so close to my truck. I was heading eastbound on W. Esplanade approaching the Clearview intersection when I caught something very large flying about 8 feet off the ground out the corner of my eye. When I turned to see what it was, I was shocked to discover it was a beautiful bald eagle! Ole girl was a big one too. As luck would have it, I caught the red light giving me time to watch her. She gracefully landed in the grass at the edge of the canal just 6 feet or so from the truck, and I feel like she looked right at me. What a great way to start my day! God bless America!

Curious to know if anyone else was lucky enough to see her this morning, or if anyone has ever seen another one around the Metairie area? I've lived in Jefferson Parish for over 30 years, and that was the first time I've seen a bald eagle in Metry.

They’re thick along hwy 90, from Morgan City to hwy 310. They love the marshy areas. I see multiple bald eagles daily but I still get a little emotional every time I see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I live near Clearview shopping center (but north of Vets, almost to W. Esplanade) and I saw a pair just last month. They flew directly over my back yard and eyed up my bulldog. They were very large. I would say 6 foot wingspan at least.

They hung around for quite awhile circling. I think they were looking for a tree to nest in. And yes, I have pictures. Just need to find a place to hotlink. :confused: Seems not many sites allow that now.

Host it on https://imgur.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom