And So It Begins - Gun Bills to be Heard Next Week

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The question is...

What is defined as an Assault Rifle in SB 274?

9015c36490a0bea2a8e4e4f72411bbb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Can I consider my old bolt action 20 gauge shotgun with a 2 round magazine an assault weapon now?

Nate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    It has to be either a semi auto or pump action regardless of caliber or magazine type...except for single shot.

It still needs to get a vote of the senate and I think the house.

Are you and your friends call the Capitol yet?

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    Didn’t we just pass a law under jindal that supposedly doesn’t allow any of these new gun laws to pass without strict scrutiny or something?

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    Didn’t we just pass a law under jindal that supposedly doesn’t allow any of these new gun laws to pass without strict scrutiny or something?

Article 1, Sec. 11 of the Constitution; but that is not to pass a bill into law, that is when a law is before the court for judicial review. The legislature can pass anything it wants.

Last edited:

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    Our state and country really needs some real leadership with actual brains.
    Its extremely alarming the amount of Ignorant fools that make a career out of politics.
    Absolutely know nothing about everything but qualified to make important decisions and make laws, sounds like a perfect system.
    God help us all.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Our state and country really needs some real leadership with actual brains.
    Its extremely alarming the amount of Ignorant fools that make a career out of politics.
    Absolutely know nothing about everything but qualified to make important decisions and make laws, sounds like a perfect system.
    God help us all.

Only the voters are to blame. Everyone blames the politicians but they are elected by we the people.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Only the voters are to blame. Everyone blames the politicians but they are elected by we the people.

This is true but there are holes in this theory. For instance, if your constituency only votes along the lines of race, or some historical bias, you will get dummies elected. The institution of democrat enslavement of the black voters is starting to shake in general; but the mentality by the vast majority of blacks to elect blacks just because they are black gives you the Troy Carter's, and the Denise Marcelle's, and the Barbara Nortons of the Legislature; and the Sharon Broome's of Baton Rouge. That is not to say that a white challenger ran against them and lost, or that a white candidate elected over a black candidate would be any better or any worse. What it suggests is that given the choice of politician, a black voter is overwhelmingly going to cast his/her vote for the person that best represents their own race. And that is not the best way to put a politician in power, black, white, or brown.

What I would like to see are the polls that suggest a majority of registered black voters want the minimum age to purchase a semi-automatic firearm raised from 18 - 21. I would particularly like to see an unbiased poll of the registered black voters in Troy Carter's District, Regina Barrows, and Denise Colombs' that show the majority of them want this. My guess is it doesn't exist. But those senators, who also will cast their votes along racial lines and more sadly democrat party lines, will follow each other in lock-step whether their true constituents really want this or not.

I will say this; you have to give these democrats credit! They will drive the democracy bus 100 mph straight into a wall; but they will all be holding the accelerator pedal down together without dissent!

stoic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    SB 274 is set for vote on 4/9/18. Time to contact your State Senators and voice your opposition!

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    This is true but there are holes in this theory. For instance, if your constituency only votes along the lines of race, or some historical bias, you will get dummies elected. The institution of democrat enslavement of the black voters is starting to shake in general; but the mentality by the vast majority of blacks to elect blacks just because they are black gives you the Troy Carter's, and the Denise Marcelle's, and the Barbara Nortons of the Legislature; and the Sharon Broome's of Baton Rouge. That is not to say that a white challenger ran against them and lost, or that a white candidate elected over a black candidate would be any better or any worse. What it suggests is that given the choice of politician, a black voter is overwhelmingly going to cast his/her vote for the person that best represents their own race. And that is not the best way to put a politician in power, black, white, or brown.

What I would like to see are the polls that suggest a majority of registered black voters want the minimum age to purchase a semi-automatic firearm raised from 18 - 21. I would particularly like to see an unbiased poll of the registered black voters in Troy Carter's District, Regina Barrows, and Denise Colombs' that show the majority of them want this. My guess is it doesn't exist. But those senators, who also will cast their votes along racial lines and more sadly democrat party lines, will follow each other in lock-step whether their true constituents really want this or not.

I will say this; you have to give these democrats credit! They will drive the democracy bus 100 mph straight into a wall; but they will all be holding the accelerator pedal down together without dissent!

More left voters will elect more left politicians. The left has a blueprint to win and when they don’t win they go back to the drawing board to rework the blueprint. The right just fight among each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom