And So It Begins - Gun Bills to be Heard Next Week

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    On Wednesday April 4th, the House Administration of Criminal Justice Committee will hear a number of anti gun bills and pro gun bills. It is time to heat up our phone and email campaigns. Also, if anyone is interested in attending the hearing, the more the merrier. One caveat, there will be more than one hearing in the House and there will be hearings in the Senate. I am putting contact information on www.louisianashooting.com. Email and write the committee members or at least the Republicans and the Independent. Our message is simple: "Support gun rights, please vote no on all gun control bills."

We are being hit by a tidal wave of anti-gun sentiment. Treat this situation as if everything is at stake, because it is. Before it is over, we will have to deal with an overly broad assault weapon ban, 10 day waiting period, ammunition registry, raising the age for purchase any gun to 21, and repeal of the state preemption statute. If you need more information, do to hesitate to contact me at dan@dzelenkalaw.com

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It really is a shame that every single one of these freedom hating anti-gun Bills is sponsored by black democrats. What a despicable way of insinuating that there are no pro-gun, law abiding black constituents who understand and cherish the Constitution.

You would be hard pressed to make me believe that this wasn't a purposely contrived scheme by the higher ups in the freedom hating party to have these black politicians seem like they are speaking for all blacks. I have written each one of them and asked them to give me one example of an actual constituent in their district that was negatively affected by something their Bill covers. All I got back was cricket chirps!

Make no mistake, the freedom hating party wants the lines to be drawn along some phony racial divide. They want all black voters (and I would submit blacks in general), to see all pro-gun advocates, and firearms enthusiasts as middle-aged white men. Another phony "us" versus "them" issue.

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    Just called every Rep. rep on the Crim. Just. committee and registered my opposition.
    PLEASE CALL IF ONLY TO LEAVE A VOICEMAIL! Friday is a holiday, so Monday they will arrive at work with (hopefully) many, many voicemails in opposition!
    It doesn't take that long.

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    Just emailed all Rep. reps and the one Independent Rep. Took about 15 min.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I have been emailing all on the committee for two weeks now. It is infuriating to see how few replies or even an acknowledgment that they were received I have gotten in return. Unfortunately I have long learned to not expect any.

My tactic for a number of years now is to draft an old fashioned well worded paper letter, address each individually, and send them registered with return receipt. At least someone has to sign for them and I will know who they are. When I get the return receipts back I send another copy along with my delivery receipt and ask if they personally received and read my letter expressing my concerns since they did not personally sign for delivery.

It costs a few bucks, but I like paper trails and I like to have recourse which helps force accountability where "aides" are involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    SB155 and SB274 are being heard in Senate Judiciary C on Tuesday April 3rd. These are bills to raise the age limit to purchase firearms to 21. Contact the committee members. I will be posting the contact information on www.louisianashooting.com or you can get it at the legislature site.

Dan

Nate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    Are you sure about SB 155? This is the heading on the bill:

Enacts the Louisiana Employment Non-Discrimination Act.

SB 274 prohibits the sale of assault rifles to anyone under 21. Of course the lowly Ruger 10/22 could qualify as an assault rifle with the right furniture.

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    Can you guys post the phone numbers of the committee members and which bills to reject with the title and implication? Just to streamline the call campaign

That info is already posted. Search these current threads. People have already gone through the trouble of doing that. Some of the info is posted here, some are links which take you to another page. There are phone #s, email addresses and the actual bills that are coming up.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Any word on what happened with these bills in committee today?

The word is, that these politicians have no clue what they are talking about. Everything is an "assault" rifle, and every little box that holds rounds is a "clip!" Their lack of understanding of the weapons they are debating is quite startling. Worse than that is their lack of understanding of the Bill of Rights!

SB 274 passed 4-3

These democrats will give up their freedoms and yours without any second thoughts. Of course, now we will spend more time and taxpayer money to bring it to the chamber floors. State is falling into the abyss of failure and they are playing social experiment games with the US Constitution.

They even had an opposing position say that 18-20 year-olds brains are underdeveloped and that is why they shouldn't be able to buy a gun at 18. If that is true, then they shouldn't vote either! I am sure if that were the trade off, not a single democrat would vote for anti-gun BS.

Last edited:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Isn't there a "we love our guns" clause in the LA Constitution that should nullify most of these kneejerk laws? Wasn't it added just for this reason?

Top Bottom