Browning BT 100

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Questions on a Browning BT-100 shotgun.

I have a BT-100 single shot trap gun but know nothing about trap shooting.....
    It is a really cool looking shotgun with some unique features --

1. It has an extreme "high rise" vented rib on it -- anyone know why?
    2. It is a single shot crack barrel, neat but not very useful for anything.....
    3. Browning doesn't make it anymore but they do sell a BT-99....but they look almost identical...

Anyway, a little something different from all the AR's AK's and Glocks!!

Anyone ever shoot one of these??

This is exactly what it looks like:
    wm_6169116.jpg

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Just my half educated guess:
    I believe it is set to shoot high so as not to obscure the target rising. If you lead a rising target you cover it, so the gun has some upward lead built in. I never shot trap, but I think it is a pretty fast target acquisition event with not much time to work out sight pic/lead. I think it is due to target leaving from a further point and going away. I've only been to one place that had a trap and didn't get close enough too really observe.

It looks like it had and adjustable comb. I just noticed the butt pad is adjustable too.

Nice gun and case. If you can pattern it you might see where it hits relative to where it aims.

2. It is a single shot crack barrel, neat but not very useful for anything.....
    Not according to what Joe Biden says . . .

Last edited:

Pop-Pop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Edwardsburg, Michigan
    I know this is an old thread, but the BT-100 replies did not fully help understand the gun. First, it is a great trap gun. I own four of them. Production was stopped by Browning because they were too expensive to manufacture. The BT-99 was then introduced (again). The 100 has an easy "drop out" trigger that has a rotatable switch that changes shell from full eject to extract. You can also adjust trigger pull force. These guns are designed to shoot high as trap birds are "rising" and it helps to not block the bird as you swing to it. Some will shoot 70-30. It is definitely smart to pattern it. It is excellent that this one has an adjustable butt plate and comb. It helps get your line of sight down the barrel without shooting too high or too low. You can really fine tune the fit. This one looks as though the checkering was deeply inset to help improve grip. This is a very well built gun and I hope you get a lot of satisfaction from it. One once loads of # 8 are plenty from the 16 yard line. be well, Pop-Pop

Top Bottom